Gears of War -£17.99

wow that is a great price, shame i have the LE tin already. will let me brother know as hes getting a 360 this week. thanks

Just ordered that (saw the post on Hot Deals too), can't believe I haven't got round to playing it yet! No excuse to not buy at this price now.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Never played this game, looks good

Tony :)

I think play may get in trouble over this? Pretty sure they are not allowed to sell bundle copies seperately.

Mine too, always liked play.com, but I think I might have to grumble at them now.

For anything else I wouldn't have been too fussed, but I often trade games in when I'm done with them, but I'm pretty sure Game or somewhere won't accept it with bundle copy written on it...

Me too, please let me know what you do, as I'd rather not have that sticky thing on it either!

Mine too, always liked play.com, but I think I might have to grumble at them now.

For anything else I wouldn't have been too fussed, but I often trade games in when I'm done with them, but I'm pretty sure Game or somewhere won't accept it with bundle copy written on it...

Mine to has 'Bundle copy' on it :(

However, you can still trade them in as i saw a bundle copy of something (i can't remember what it was) in Gamestation yesterday. But something tells me that they'll give you less for it.

I was in a GAME branch the other day and saw a copy in the preowned section. I couldn't believe they were allowed to get away with it, as it clearly is not meant for re-sale, especially at their practically full price pre-owned rip off charges.

Basically they had a second hand, not for resale copy marked up for £37.99.... UTTER JOKE.

What bundle are these from? The only bundle packs including Gears of War I can see are ones with a console attached with them.

Maybe I should say the bundle I ordered isn't complete, I want them to send me the console to go with it!

I'm not sure whether I should be bothered or not. On one hand I got it for a good price but on the other, they shouldn't be selling them as new on their own. I generally don't trade games in unless they're really bad or if I haven't played them for a long time. It's the same game, just with different packaging and CD label.

But they were being naughty. I could send it back and demand a proper one but I can't be bothered with the hassle over a yellow bar.

Emailed play about this stating i wanted an exchange for a "real" copy

reply below !!!

We are happy to accept this unwanted order as a return. Please be advised
that we do not have the facilities to operate any exchange policies and
will only be able to refund the order for you. We have noted the potential
return on your account.

For that price I could live with the yellow markings. Play are naught here though as they shouldn't be selling those as brand new copies - plus no mention was made on the listing. :nono:

Emailed play about this stating i wanted an exchange for a "real" copy

reply below !!!

We are happy to accept this unwanted order as a return. Please be advised
that we do not have the facilities to operate any exchange policies and
will only be able to refund the order for you. We have noted the potential
return on your account.

That'll because they dont actaully have any "real" copies. One of the users over at gamesradar phoned them about it & they told him all their stock is like that.

Ive has similar problems with them recently with DS games.
Ordered some games that were reduced to £17.99 & they sent me 3 US imports in a row.
After a load of complaining they eventually said that all their stock of the titles i'd ordered were imports & they wouldnt be able to supply a UK game.

As with Gears though they dont state this on the site.

If this is the case can't they be done for false advertising? Surely trading standards or somebody should be informed because they are mis-selling goods and also selling goods that clearly state should not be sold!

That'll because they dont actaully have any "real" copies. One of the users over at gamesradar phoned them about it & they told him all their stock is like that.

Ive has similar problems with them recently with DS games.
Ordered some games that were reduced to £17.99 & they sent me 3 US imports in a row.
After a load of complaining they eventually said that all their stock of the titles i'd ordered were imports & they wouldnt be able to supply a UK game.

As with Gears though they dont state this on the site.
Oh dear that doesn't bode well for the future. I'll have to be a bit more careful in the future as I always thought they sold legitimate R2 copies.

If this is the case can't they be done for false advertising? Surely trading standards or somebody should be informed because they are mis-selling goods and also selling goods that clearly state should not be sold!

I got one of these bundled copies just over a week ago. I phoned play up and complained and was told "Oh that shouldn't have happened. Send it back and we'll send you out a proper version".

So I did, and this morning I received yet another bundle copy of the game. I called play again and the guy there basically said: have a refund or keep the game, as there was nothing else he could do - Microsoft had said it was ok to sell the bundle copies so that's what they were doing.

He also said "This has only ever happened twice, including this game, and another one last week". He didn't agree with me that it sounded like they were beginning a worrying trend :nono:

Anyway I called the Office of Fair Trading to bring it to their attention, because I feel like play are getting one over on all the people who bought the game (it went to #1 in their sales chart when it was £17.99) and even though they were very helpful, when I told them that play.com is based in Jersey I was told there was nothing the OFT could do.

Oh well.. will probably end up keeping the game anyway. It was just the principle of the thing - being sold something other than what was advertised - and obviously the run around they gave me making me send the first copy back.

And next time I'm looking at some deal on play.com's website it won't only be my imploding credit card that makes me think twice about taking the plunge... :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom