Gears of War -£17.99

I'm happy to buy it off you if you don't want it.

I don't mind a bundle copy and you'll be doing a fellow forum member a favor.

I didn't realise the OFT had no authority over sites that sell into the UK. I'm also surprised that MS allow the selling of bundle copies as retail ones.

Oh well.. will probably end up keeping the game anyway. It was just the principle of the thing - being sold something other than what was advertised

if you dont mind me asking how was it advertised

did it say this is not a bunde copy or something

Play have peeved me off recently with regards to a £10 voucher (pink panther mis-price)

i used it for Motorstorm and i decided to get a PS3 from them with Motorstorm included, so i called them and asked if there was any chance i could have the £10 voucher added to something else since i was about to purchase the motorstorm ps3 pack - they said yes

the only way they could do it was to cancel the order and re-issue me with a new voucher code, i said fine and they cancelled the order and that was 2 weeks before the release of the ps3 console and i'm still waiting for a new code

it got me that annoyed that 1 day before they started to issue preorders i cancelled it and got the ps3 from another retailer - for considerable less i may add

Well if you look for Gears of War on their website now (for £39.99), that's how it was advertised - just as the normal version. No mention of it being a bundled copy and the picture showed the normal game box(without the lovely yellow "bundle copy - not for resale" band on it).

It's not like it's unusual to get a 360 game for £17.99 or less even on play.com... makes me wonder how many other cheap games on there aren't what they seem.

If the previous post about them selling US Nintendo DS games is true though that is really not on... especially as you can get those games cheaper from US/Canadian websites - and that's when they're not even in a "sale" ;)

It's not like it's unusual to get a 360 game for £17.99 or less even on play.com... makes me wonder how many other cheap games on there aren't what they seem.

i see what you're saying

but as soon as gears was £17.99 alarm bells went through every forum thats got a bargain folder

so it may the normal to get some games for £17.99 but not Gears of War since the price is relatively still around the £34.99 - £39.99 mark everywhere else

but i dont see the problem, you got a game for £18 thats worth more on most places, so play it and trade it in and you will probably get more than your money back - which means you win

only problem i can see is if most of the buyers of this item intended it for ebay straight away

infact some of them have sold on ebay for a touch off £20 before postage

which means you will make some money on it

cant be bad can it?

i did sell mine when i bought the gears of war pack around chrimbo for around £25 and bought the limited edition for about the same price

but i dont see the problem, you got a game for £18 thats worth more on most places, so play it and trade it in and you will probably get more than your money back - which means you win

I agree with that, but at least play should have said that this was a bundle copy in their specs. Still a great deal though.

i see what you're saying

only problem i can see is if most of the buyers of this item intended it for ebay straight away

The problem for me and I didn't actually buy the game is principal and false advertising. The game clearly states on it "Bundle Copy - NOT FOR RESALE" i.e. you cannot sell this game on it's own which play have clearly done!

They have sold an item that clearly states it cannot be resold on it's own and have made no mention of it on the website when they where selling it and are now saying they don't have the facilities in place for exchanges i.e. swap it for a genuine copy of the game!

It is just plain wrong in my opinion, false advertising and selling something that clearly states they cannot sell on it's own!

I just thought.... everyone should sell theirs on that PlayTrade thing, making no mention of it being a bundle copy. If someone moans to you about it, refer them to play.com and see what they say...

Two can play at this game...

swap it for a genuine copy of the game!

It is just plain wrong in my opinion, false advertising and selling something that clearly states they cannot sell on it's own!

it is a genuine copy of the game - its not a copy

and there isnt any false advertising either

just mt 2 cents obviously

I bought another cheapie game (RR6) from play a while back, they sent a US region free version even though it was advertised as PAL :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom