Gears 5 (XB/XBSX)

I loved Gears 1-3, but didn't enjoy what I've played of 4 as much as the first three games, so I'm not sold on Gears 5 from the E3 reveal.

I’m personally done with Gears. Loved Ultimate Edition but just couldn’t get into 4

I've still not finished 4.

I didn't really like all that fighting generic robots early on and, considering there wher honking great construction bots everywhere, I was dissapointed not to be fighting more inventive ones.

Still, I will finish it and I'm up for another one. JD looks a lot more gruff in this one.

Sad to say, but I think I'm pretty much done with GoW too. My gf and myself have been fans since the start so we'll get it out of some misplaced sense of loyalty to the series, but personally I think it peaked at 3 and has been on the decline ever since. She still liked 4, but I just found it a chore to play through and couldn't really get into the story. I ended up referring to it as Cutscenes of Bore :p

Well, I'm looking forward to this! Granted, Gears 4 wasn't fantastic - it was OK, but then it was the first game from a newly formed studio in The Coalition and they put that game together in a fairly short space of time iirc.

Hopefully they've had more time with this and can deliver a better Gears experience.

I thought the trailer looked really good.
Lots of different area's and enemies.

Always had a soft spot for Gears & Halo since the ads for them on 360 and they got me back into gaming.
I enjoyed 4, yes it was not as good as previous games but I thought it played well and looked incredible. As long as Chainsaws are in it then they have my Money.

I get the feeling they’re going for a more meatier feel.
Anyone notice the melee bit with Kait swinging that giant club?
And yet another, newer version of the lancer.

I’m excited!
Bring it on!

Yeah done with gears. It may appeal to some but for me I’ve been there and done it. Time to move on MS

G
Yeah done with gears. It may appeal to some but for me I’ve been there and done it. Time to move on MS

Gears 5 is clearly a big change up for the series in a number of ways. Female lead, more story driven, more varied action....

Certainly has rekindled my interest. Have a feeling this will be a God of war style reimagining of a franchise and a huge blockbuster.

G

Gears 5 is clearly a big change up for the series in a number of ways. Female lead, more story driven, more varied action....

Certainly has rekindled my interest. Have a feeling this will be a God of war style reimagining of a franchise and a huge blockbuster.

Haha I highly doubt it

But I'm sure it will be a decent SP Campaign

it would be nice in MP to get rid off wall bouncing, planting grenades, mantle kick/drag player over cover, and taking someone as a meatshield.

sort out the ridiculous power of the shotgun so that the lancer chainsaw will be able to have an effect in games again like it used to be.

make power weapons like boomshot, torque bow, and even sniper rifles long reload times, also get rid of active reloads.

too much was changed to cater for the E-sports crews and they forget us gears fans were the ones who made this game series big, not them.

gears 1 never had any of these and this is why it had the most fans.

I dunno, I remember a lot of BS online in the first Gears of people going outside of the maps, some bloody speed run that made it impossible to hit them.

I reminder screaming at the screen from time to time back in 2006. I do think they fixed a lot of that in the Ultimate edition.

Never got the seriously achievement on any of that games though :(

I dunno, I remember a lot of BS online in the first Gears of people going outside of the maps, some bloody speed run that made it impossible to hit them.

I reminder screaming at the screen from time to time back in 2006. I do think they fixed a lot of that in the Ultimate edition.

Never got the seriously achievement on any of that games though :(

yeah they used to glitch out of the map, it happened most of the time on the map called subway, they still died though as we could still hit them which made not point in doing it.

I'm done with the old Gears as well sadly. 4 was awful. Terrible campaign, back to the trash of Gears 2 with the MP, and they cocked up the Horde mode. Oh and they can't make maps anymore either.

They are incapable of balancing weapons properly, despite having years to get it right. They've no bloody idea. 5 will be no different.

Nothing will surpass Gears 3 for me. The campaign and Horde Mode were great, and the Beast mode was a nice little addition as well. Plus the MP for a long period on the dedicated servers was one of the smoothest online experiences I've ever had.

I'm done with the old Gears as well sadly. 4 was awful. Terrible campaign, back to the trash of Gears 2 with the MP, and they cocked up the Horde mode. Oh and they can't make maps anymore either.

They are incapable of balancing weapons properly, despite having years to get it right. They've no bloody idea. 5 will be no different.

Nothing will surpass Gears 3 for me. The campaign and Horde Mode were great, and the Beast mode was a nice little addition as well. Plus the MP for a long period on the dedicated servers was one of the smoothest online experiences I've ever had.

actually in gears 1 the balance was great in theory, only problem was host advantage but other than that i liked it, shotguns took about 5 shots to drop someone as close range rather than in gears 4 where it's 1 shot dropped from 40 yards away.

chainsaw worked in gears 1 but is useless in gears 4 unless you surprise them on a corner and most of the time you still get killed with a shotgun.

maybe they will sort out weapon issues in gears 5, who knows, but the more information we get in the run up to release date will show whether this game will succeed or fail.

i wonder if they will do a statue like the ones i got in gears 3 and 4.

actually in gears 1 the balance was great in theory, only problem was host advantage but other than that i liked it, shotguns took about 5 shots to drop someone as close range rather than in gears 4 where it's 1 shot dropped from 40 yards away.

chainsaw worked in gears 1 but is useless in gears 4 unless you surprise them on a corner and most of the time you still get killed with a shotgun.

maybe they will sort out weapon issues in gears 5, who knows, but the more information we get in the run up to release date will show whether this game will succeed or fail.

i wonder if they will do a statue like the ones i got in gears 3 and 4.

Yeah the host advantage is what can kill it. Social on 4 is a joke, and the lag is unbearable. Problem is the Ranked is nowhere near as smooth as it was on Gears 3. It plays often like there is a host, like on Gears 2. That one unkillable guy who manages to gib everyone from a mile away!!

It's not just the MP though as I say. The campaign of 4 was terrible, even the co-op wasn't that great. And the Horde was far too messy and balanced poorly as well.

The best part of 4 was the Competetive playlist, where the Gnasher was toned down. But hardly anyone ever went on it, and you couldn't find a game.

And 4 also had one of the worst Season Pass' ever done. Luckily I game shared and got it that way, but it was a complete and utter rip off.

I've struggled to care about the new young cast of characters leading these games now, so it's almost an instant turn off straight away. I just preferred Fenix, Dom and co.

I've struggled to care about the new young cast of characters leading these games now, so it's almost an instant turn off straight away. I just preferred Fenix, Dom and co.

the weird thing about the trailer is why does marcus now look younger than JD?

loved gears 1 2 and 3 judgment nope didnt like it, gears 4 nope didnt like it i certainly wont be in a rush to play 5.

the weird thing about the trailer is why does marcus now look younger than JD?

And what's with JD's arm?

My fear is that they're doing this "meet the quota, check the box" BS of having a female lead.
I know Kait has a big role to play after the reveal at the end of 4, but is it 100% necessary to have her as the main playable character?
If she's so important then why not have her kept away from danger story wise?
If the story's not forced that way to accommodate a female, I have no problem.
If they're going out of their way to write it that way then it's BS.

And what's with JD's arm?

My fear is that they're doing this "meet the quota, check the box" BS of having a female lead.
I know Kait has a big role to play after the reveal at the end of 4, but is it 100% necessary to have her as the main playable character?
If she's so important then why not have her kept away from danger story wise?
If the story's not forced that way to accommodate a female, I have no problem.
If they're going out of their way to write it that way then it's BS.

JD is clearly infected with something connected to either the locust itself or maybe he was bitten by a juvie and the tech on his arm pumps a toxin into his arm to control it to stop it spreading.

as for kait i have no issue with her being the main character for this one as her story about her family being connected to the locust is actually quite interesting and im looking forward to finding out the story about that.

I don't have an issue, either. As long as it's not forced.
Like making her the main character for the sake of it, rather than her being an important character but not the main one.
There should be a plausible reason why she's front and centre and not being kept at arms length and in a safer position.

If she's so important to the locust due to her connection, why is she in the thick of it?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom