Gears 4 - Horde!!

New problem, got my first pistol card last night. Don' have a free space. Not planning on using turret card unless playing with a full team of talkers - better to use for weapons that you spawn with or are easily picked up.

I have the same issue with the Mortar Strike. As soon as I hit level 7 I am putting it in my new slot

I'm rubbish with the dropshot but it seems a really potent weapon, I was playing with a Heavy and he sat at the base using the dropshot to hit stuff miles away through tunnels, obstacles etc.

John

Dropshot is awesome,I could and have held a flank solo with the dropshot, as long as a mark who I am aiming at.

Edit:sorry got dropshot and boom shot confused, I was talking about boom shot

Been regularly getting people dropping out of Horde, it was at wave 40 last night :confused:
I've added a load of people from this thread, my gamertag is Confidant86

Does anyone else get clipping on their speakers when a snatcher takes them?

Played with some selfish people last night. One moved a turret quite a way from the fabricator, then picked it up between rounds to collect power (not a scout). To be fair, he did bank the power before moving back to his spot. This led to other similar behaviour and we lost at least two turrets in the 40s, so we only had two at 50 - which we failed.

Last edited:
Does anyone else get clipping on their speakers when a snatcher takes them?

Pro's like us wouldn't get eaten by a snatcher, what a silly question ;) I'm trying to think, I'm sure I have noticed some audio drops but I wasn't paying attention to what else was happening at the time.

Played with some selfish people last night. One moved a turret quite a way from the fabricator, then picked it up between rounds to collect power (not a scout). To be fair, he did bank the power before moving back to his spot. This led to other similar behaviour and we lost at least two turrets in the 40s, so we only had two at 50 - which we failed.

Unfortunately selfish play is all too normal in public/matchmade horde which doesn't even make sense to me, given the huge bonuses each class gets to basically play as their class I can't understand why people don't do it.

If everyone stuck to their classes primary job, it would be a great game everytime.

But when you get a level 2 joining a hardcore match as an engineer and buying a decoy on wave 1 nah mate you need to fudge right off is what I told him.

It was painful watching him die every round and be revived by the other two randoms while me and my pal handed our power and concentrated on upgrade turrets and nooby mcnoobington immediately go to purchase a new lancer every time.

Daft thing is i have the turret discount, turret health, barrier discount and decoy health discount maxed out along with 100% repairs effeciency.

Looking back it truly was a sign from God himself that i was to be disconnected at wave 47 i was fuming nd releaved that the torture was over.

I was glad when my usual squad jumped on and we played insane in private as a Team!

It's a sorry state of affairs when you have to without power from Team mates because some cock womble wastes it like it's going out of fashion.

Anyway anyone up for insane tomorrow night?

Ideally one maxed out scout and engineer everyone else can be what they want or need to rank up, don't mind being any class myself just looking to max out re-ups now

New best today. Fabricator goes into a spawn, then person #1 moves it to the middle of the map. Person #2 then quits. #1 quits after round three. After another round I move the fabricator to a spawn, during this time other two go down and I can't get to them in time. They die, then so do I. They quit. I then received a message saying 'Your(sic) a shhh team mate'.
I never realised that we were in a team as no-one said a word.

Anyone looking for a teammate or 2 this evening ?

It's hard not to get frustrated, just had an engineer who kept building sentries (no turrets at all) and got up to seven then they quit. One of the few times I'm glad to have someone quit, the people left appeared to agree and moved all the sentry guns to positions they would get destroyed and bought turrets instead.

I'm wondering if the longshot is any use against bigger enemies, I've got the headshot bonus damage and the explosive headshots but normally stick to normal enemies focusing on boomshots, mulchers etc. Can you get the headshot bonuses on pouncer heads, guardian/sentinel 'heads', snatcher bellies, carrier chest, kestrel engines or swarmak blisters?

John

Tonight I made it to wave 46, there was only two of us from around wave 30 something, the turret was the only reason we were still progressing. The turrets got blown up and as I tried to dive into cover I accidentally double pressed A and dove straight into the enemies lol. Game over.

The game itself is loads of fun :thumbsup:

Managed my 1st map on insane, drydock .. me a mate and 3 randoms .... one random dropped out after wave 40, as if !!!!!!

But we went on to complete the 50 .....

[emoji108]

What level are you and what level were your skill cards? I haven't tried hardcore or insane yet as I'm thinking they're best to do with friends but also I assume I really need to get my classes up to level 10 with five level 10 skill cards.

John

What level are you and what level were your skill cards? I haven't tried hardcore or insane yet as I'm thinking they're best to do with friends but also I assume I really need to get my classes up to level 10 with five level 10 skill cards.

John
I'm lv 8 snipe, one of the randoms was engineer but no idea what rank, my mate lv 5 scout ....

Hardly had any fortifications but had 4 turrets .. someone was down or out every other minute but we did it ...

No chat either .. me and mate obviously did ...

Just shows, anythings possible ....

3 of us online later if you'd like to come join us ..

3.30 then Around 6pm for evening sesh

Feel free to join us !

What difficulty are you doing at 6pm?
I might give it a go..? I'm tired of playing with the quitters but I've only done horde on casual lol.
I tried the campaign on Hardcore last night to try another play through, too difficult for me.

What difficulty are you doing at 6pm?
I might give it a go..? I'm tired of playing with the quitters but I've only done horde on casual lol.
I tried the campaign on Hardcore last night to try another play through, too difficult for me.

Will be hardcore or insane .. 4 of us on later now so you'll be fine with us ...

Will be hardcore or insane .. 4 of us on later now so you'll be fine with us ...

What's your gamertag? I'm on call at the moment so may have to quit but if you've got an empty slot I may see if I can hop in later.

John

Managed my 1st map on insane, drydock .. me a mate and 3 randoms .... one random dropped out after wave 40, as if !!!!!!

But we went on to complete the 50 .....

[emoji108]

Team elite at its finest

Team elite at its finest

Team Elite TE1

Now the club is online Jags !!

Just done insane again .... [emoji12]

DjBlade AVF (gamer tag)

Last edited:
Team Elite TE1

Now the club is online Jags !!

Just done insane again .... [emoji12]

DjBlade AVF (gamer tag)

Got to try insane with you, let me know when you back on, got to tell what class etc I should be.

I'm lv 8 snipe, one of the randoms was engineer but no idea what rank, my mate lv 5 scout ....

im level 9 scout not 5.

i have 4 level 5 cards....

fabricator bonus.
power pick up radius.
shotgun 100% damage.
100% health card.

i also have a melee card 200% melee damage and 50% reduced melee damage which i have now put on in place of the radius card.

insane has been quite easy once we have a group of 5 talking and getting the right combo of class.

im level 9 scout not 5.

i have 4 level 5 cards....

fabricator bonus.
power pick up radius.
shotgun 100% damage.
100% health card.

i also have a melee card 200% melee damage and 50% reduced melee damage which i have now put on in place of the radius card.

insane has been quite easy once we have a group of 5 talking and getting the right combo of class.

So what ....

Whatever your rank .. class ... or wot ever ... I'm still the Captain of 'Team Elite'

You can't play a card for that !!

[emoji12]

Catch you soon Jason ! [emoji23]

Good games btw over the weekend .. we really are doing the business on horde ! [emoji108]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom