Gears 3 announcement soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crovon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
News: Gears Of War 3 announcement on the way? - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Gears Of War lead designer Cliff Bleszinski has promised some 'Megaton, face-melting news' soon - which from where we're standing, looks highly likely to be about Gears 3.

All eyes now turn to Microsoft's X10 event in San Francisco next month. Fingers crossed, Gears fans.

CliffyB's 'Megaton' spiel came after he earlier Tweeted that 'kick ass news' was on the way - which turned out to be yesterday's revelation of Gears characters appearing in Lost Planet 2.

His subsequent update read: 'Yes, that's the news. I said "kick ass" which I think it is. [But] Keep your eyes open for "megaton face melting news."

We will, Mr B, we will.

Cheers to VG247.

:confused:

Its highly likely. Gears 2 was announced in february 2008 and released in november and came 2 years after the original.

Gears 3 for november 2010 would be another 2 years on.

Last edited:

+1!! I can't stomach another 6-12 months of 'Cliffy B' and his "kick ass" statements about what ultimately will be, pants.

Will NOT be getting hyped by/for Gears 3, and will only purchase upon confirmation that its a vast improvement on number 2.

+1!! I can't stomach another 6-12 months of 'Cliffy B' and his "kick ass" statements

+1 here as well. Putting it kindly I don't think 'Cliffy B' and I would get along.

i shall definately be buying gears 3 if it comes out, i thought that gears 2 improved over gears 1 so i hope that gears 3 will be more of the same over the top goodness

I never played Gears 1 or 2 multiplayer there are far better mp games out there. Looking forward to 3 though 1 and 2 were ace.

2 pretty much invented a new mode for fps with horde, how many other games have copied it since? Ok they probably didn't invent it but since horde other games have started having a similar mode.

If it wasnt for the fact Reach was on its way out Id have gone with the November date.

Also though, a while back, an Unreal techie (Tim Sweeney) at Epic said they werent going to release Gears 3 on this current gen as they were implementing Unreal 4 in it. This sounds more realistic.

Itl probs be a new Shadow Complex or a Natal title.

Or somthing to do with the studio they have set up in Japan?

I'll be getting it and i'll be getting excited in the run up to it.

What the whingeing children like to forget is that Gears always has a good, solid single player (plus co-op) campaign so it's worth a purchase even if they don't include a multiplayer component.

In a way i'd like them to do that actually, the laggy Gears 2 multiplayer tarnished the rep of the series and turned me off visiting this section of the site as every thread inevitably descended to a whinefest.

However, i doubt Epic will make the same mistake twice, they know that this time round a Gears multiplayer has to be pretty much perfect or they might as well not bother.

Sounds like Epic have finally found a solution to the lag :clap::clap::clap:

I'll never get hyped about anything that bellend says ever again :nono:

Hopefully the monster large announcement will be that they've bowed to public pressure and won't be making gears 3!

Either that or Bungie / Bethesda have been given the rights :smashin:

Ill be Queing at midnight with a t-shirt saying "Bigger Better and more Badass than before" Cliffy :censored: face B:D

Ill wait for it to hit that said i wont be able to resist and ill buy it release day anyway

Ill be Queing at midnight with a t-shirt saying "Bigger Better and more Badass than before" Cliffy :censored: face B:D

Ill wait for it to hit that said i wont be able to resist and ill buy it release day anyway

You're mad mate - just give it up and move on, you'll feel better for it ;)

You're mad mate - just give it up and move on, you'll feel better for it ;)

Mate im seriously considering not renewing my live sub i need a new game we all need a new game id ont want to buy it but knowing me ill be there at release day wanting it buyign it and finding out its :censored:

and turned me off visiting this section of the site as every thread inevitably descended to a whinefest.

Me too - whenever I dared to tread in this section I usuallu got told to royally sling my hook......so I've avoided this section for probably close to 12 months now.

Either that or Bungie / Bethesda have been given the rights :smashin:

Now that IS wishful thinking Paul :smashin:

Mate im seriously considering not renewing my live sub

As Tetlee said: :facepalm:

when was the last time we all played gears halo mw2 or any other m/p game xbox live doesnt have the same draw for me as it once did and im sure others feel the same

when was the last time we all played gears halo mw2 or any other m/p game xbox live doesnt have the same draw for me as it once did and im sure others feel the same

We had a lobby Friday before last and there were a fair few of the old GOW people in there if I remember rightly. We've had recent MW2 games with moley, geoff, Dibley, me, Mark and Mav all in one game. :confused:

Haven't played Halo for nearly a year though :eek: but that never really took off as most people hated it.

Haven't played Halo for nearly a year though :eek: but that never really took off as most people hated it.

Only just rebought mw2 and been hammering the ps3 so havent been on

I didnt mind Halo played it quite a bit to be honest but i didnt put the time into it as others did so werent as good as the rest of you still better than dazza though which isnt hard really:D

Only just rebought mw2

I'd say about MW2 Si, you really do need to stick with it until you get the decent perks around level 30. Once you get these the game just takes off so much and becomes loads easier. You saw the trouble I was having the other night after prestiging, it's a nightmare, I've gone from averaging comfortable +kd per game to getting whipped, but once you get cold bloodied etc it becomes a whole different game.

I think you could really grow to love it to be honest, I think it's right up your street personally. My KD went from 0.6 odd when I started to nearly just under 1.00 by the time I got to 70. Having the right kit makes a huge difference in this game. Invest the time my friend :smashin:

MW2 needs an old skool lobby FACT
MW2 needs to have a game mode where a private lobby you can use whatever weapons and perks you want i ahve no interest in ranking up just a laugh with the old crowd

I only stopped playing because no-one on the likes me... haha Which is a shame because last time I played I was badass.

I agree with kop, we need a game to get everyone back together again and the only game i can see that happening with is a gears game.
it's been about a year since i got into any game's competitive multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom