Gears 1 Online

austinqpr

Prominent Member
Reaction score
New 360 gamer here :thumbsup:

Just wondering if any of you old pros can give me any tips on the online side of the game. :lease:

Im finding getting kills hard work!! :(

use the cover system, shotgun is the best weapon for close combat, grenade tagging gets somes kills, but if u can grab it the boomshot should get u some kills, try learning the maps and what players do tactically, some may like the sniper for example so u can ambush them there with the chainsaw, etc.

use the lancer from distance too, but watch for snipers and people with the torque bow as they can be lethal.

when you get hit and the red gears of war sign comes up to tell you your dying its like a big red cog use this as you aim :thumbsup:

Use the smoke grenade to evade the enemy

Host.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Ahhhh the good old GOW days :thumbsup:

My advice, play with total numpties, there's plenty on here that are good cannon fodder :rolleyes: ;) :D

We used to play every night but don't so much any more (i think a few may still play though), however, you might get a late Friday night game going when the beer's been flowing and people get really crap. I haven't played for so long I can't hit a barn door now so would be up for a game every now and then. I think we could get half a room going at least.

Send me an FR if you fancy it and we'll see if we can get something arranged. You up for a game Si, JP?

Last edited:
when you get hit and the red gears of war sign comes up to tell you your dying its like a big red cog use this as you aim :thumbsup:

Use the smoke grenade to evade the enemy
its called the Crimson Omen

@ Jacko/Virtual - would be fun

Hosting means you rely on it too much - the good GoW players are consistent whether host or not - i used to be great at GoW1 (eg could take out whole other team in shotty battles) but number 2 is a whole different game

:

You up for a game Si, JP?

Kopchoir last online 10 days ago
Im having a monks time and not been online for a while got some study to do but may have a break and pop on tomorrow night;)

ill do my best to be there

could always do with some kop banter for breaking up revision days. its also fun shwing you what it looks like when your head goes "pop" :D

havn't played online in donkeys, but would love a few games of GOW 1 this weekend.:thumbsup:

Cheers again guys, didn't think i'd get such a good response as this :thumbsup:

I may be on tonight but it will be after 9ish. Currently playing through midnight club on ps3. :eek::D

New 360 gamer here :thumbsup:

If you're new to gears, I'd watch out for the guys on here, some have been playing it solidly for 3 years & are pretty good.
Just make sure you're on the opposite team to kopchoir, then you should be able to get a few easy kills in.:thumbsup:

Cheers again guys, didn't think i'd get such a good response as this :thumbsup:

I may be on tonight but it will be after 9ish. Currently playing through midnight club on ps3. :eek::D

I've been punting a few messages out on XBL, Facebook and on here and I think we stand a fairly good chance of getting a room going tonight. Some of the old codgers though say they're coming then don't turn up as they have to go to bed early, or their nurse doesn't turn up to switch the telly on for them, or they just forget due to old age (It wasn't me Richard that said you were the oldest person on the forum, honest!) :rotfl:

looking forward to some games tonight:thumbsup:
chicken pox ridden bairns permitting:thumbsdow

must remember WD40 on my way home for the chainsaw

looking forward to some games tonight:thumbsup:
chicken pox ridden bairns permitting:thumbsdow

must remember WD40 on my way home for the chainsaw

I thought you'd gone to the PS3 dark side mate? I'm sure I read somewhere that you'd binned the 360! :confused: Having said that, I thought the same about Dibley so I'm obviously having a mare of it :suicide:

Just make sure you're on the opposite team to kopchoir, then you should be able to get a few easy kills in.:thumbsup:

:rotfl::rotfl:
just seen this
Such a girl old man

Ill be about tonight not fired up the 360 for ages

Thanks for the games last night shame we couldnt get a full room when everyone went offline everyone came online:rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for the games last night shame we couldnt get a full room when everyone went offline everyone came online:rotfl::rotfl:
Was good fun

Thanks for the games all

Aye, good games and good banter as always :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Where was the OP?
havent got a clue

i got an invite off MarkWWW and so knew you were all on then went to eat and joined via Kop

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom