1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GC Resident Evil

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by diggler46, Apr 24, 2003.

1. diggler46

diggler46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Just p[icked up res evil on pal gc. Although gfx are spot on, the animation on the characters is a bit poor.

Is this down to a crappy pal conversion? Has anyone compared the uk version with the us?

Thanks

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    erm example please! The characters are a bit stiff in their movements but that links in with the rigid control system and has always been the case with resident evil games, ie they're meant to pivot on the spot and not start break dancing!

3. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've seen both and there's nothing wrong with the pal version. RE (or Biohazard) has always had stiff animation. Not sure why but I'm sure there's a logical reason from Capcom in there somewhere :)

4. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    The pal conversion is "exactly" the same as the ntsc version, and the stiff animation as you put it is down to the controls and and character design, it's the same in every Resi game.
    The only thing that annoys me about the remake is the pause in the fmv sequences, something that has been sorted in Resi Zero.

5. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Chaps

On the subject of Resi Evil on the cube, how the hell do you play it???

I have loaded it up a couple of times and searched through the first room that leads into the hallway with the first zombie - How do you get past this thing. I have tried shooting it, stabbing it, kicking it in the shins, but it just keeps having a chew on my neck and leaving a beautiful corpse behind.

People tell me this is a must have game, but I cannot comment as I can't get past the first scene.

Am I destined to be some sort of shandy drinking zombie hunter...

Cheers

6. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    Once it notices you, back up, once it has shambled around then run around it. You are faster than standard zombies for a reason :) Do not shoot what doesn't need shooting you will need that ammo for later.

Check out the corpse on the floor and then run to the door.

7. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Resi evil was one of the first games my mate got when he first got a psx back in the murky days of '95. He showed us the intro... we were amazed... he tried to kill the dogs in the L-shaped hallway and died horribly!!

The moral of this tale is don't try and kill everything! You will run out of ammo and be left open to attacks later on. Dodge, run, hide, flee! Only kill when completely necessary.

***********SPOILER******************

And in the cube version if you don't torch the dead zombies with the petrol you find later on they come back as super fast, bullet munching monsters!

Sinzer : Have edited for possible spoiler