1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[GC] Freeloader V1.07

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Shoka, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Just been reading a few posts over at the codejunkies forum and it seems that if you are in the US and have an action replay with freeloader 1.06, you can return it for the new version. Anyone know when and if this new version will be available in the UK.

A word of warning though for everyone from the posts over there you cannot use wavebirds with V1.07, however it supports the new keyboard for the GC.

2. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the news. Is this the 1.06B (update from 1.06b) or an entirely new version?

Doesn't work with Wavebird? Sorry for asking, but what's the point of releasing it if it won't work with the wavebird? So they've sacrificed the best hardware feature in years, but at least you can use the keyboard with that one game that supports it? Nice one, Datel...

I'm sick of my FL (1.06b) - it rarely works with my US discs and I'm lucky if JAP Ikaruga loads at all...
    Next time, I'll learn my lesson and just get an import machine for the odd US/JAP game.

3. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    According to the site its an entirely new version. Just read a bit more and it seems that you had to hold the B button down while freeloader loaded to use the wavebird with 1.06, dont know how true this is or if its issolated to the US version as i dont have a wavebird, and My freeloader is built into Action replay.

4. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ok, thanks. With the FL I have you have to turn on the wavebird AFTER you switch the machine on with freeloader in, otherwise the Cube can't recognise the controller ports. You certainly don't have to hold down B with a pal Cube/disc. I don't know about US material though.

And buy a Wavebird, Shoka. It's the best thing you'll ever buy :) There's just something so refreshing about having a 100% reliable wireless controller

5. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I dont really need a wireless controller as I have a Cable extender and the cable is now about 10 metres. Or am I missing something, apart from the fact that I wont have a lead?

6. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I prefer the feel of the pad. It's a lot lighter due to having no rumble effect, even with the weight of the batteries it is lighter. It feels a bit bulkier and more padded-out. I prefer having a solid centre, rather than the little plastic blobs for the D-pad and C-stick. The buttons and sticks feel identical, it's just the surrounding casing that I prefer.

Having a RF wireless pad really is incredible. If I pause the game for whatever reason, I walk around the house with the pad in my hand :) I've tested the range and it easily works 15m away, through solid walls.

It's all preference, really. I'm sure some prefer the original pad, but I personally can't use it after using the wavebird for so long. Best pad in years, IMO

7. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ha I do that as well! agree with everything you've said about wavebird it really is excellent

8. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I really hope it becomes the standard in the future. I don't miss the rumble at all, and it's so accurate, especially compared to Infra-red controllers

9. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Just tried looking through there site for some more info about it, i'll keep digging and let you know what I find.

10. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone confirm the B button while loading to get the Wavebird to work with Action Replay inc. freeloader?

11. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yep.

I've got Action Replay/Freeloader & only use wavebirds. The B button will allow it all to work together (I suspect it might be any button)

Now, if only I could be confident that my wavebirds would work all the time without hiccups.....

12. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Oh what a suprise a New addition to the Freeloader :suicide:
    I ghess the next release will be in 2 to 3 months time

How many times do they need to bring out a new version , just show how many problems the Freeloader is having

Sound like a bit of a joke to me

:laugh: