1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GC: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem £4.99

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by John C, Jul 27, 2004.

1. John C

John C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure how well regarded this nice little horror game is, as it seems to be reduced everywhere you see it.

Toys R Us have it for £4.99 (seems to be in store only - Altrincham store definitely had stock as of last Sunday) - WH Smiths had it for £9.99.

Great game - not so much jump out of your seat scary as insidiously creepy, with some nice little features (the sanity meter in particular).

I paid £9.99 for mine, and it was well worth it.

A couple of reviews;

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=4021

"... you should buy this game because it's frightening in a way that few games ever have been, and because it's a vividly explored, engrossing narrative the likes of which few out-and-out storytellers like Final Fantasy can compete with"

http://www.totalgames.net/pma/14789

"From the muffled sounds of your character muttering under their breath, to the piercing chill of an unexpected and ear–splitting scream. The sound of Eternal Darkness is much like the rest of the game in that it’s lavishly detailed, subtle and atmospheric."

http://www.armchairempire.com/Reviews/GameCube/eternal-darkness-sanitys-requiem.htm

"I’ll stick my neck out here and say, that Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem is a must have for GameCube owners. Everything about it is done right. Control is easy to grasp, the audio, graphic, and level designs are top shelf, the storytelling is head and shoulders above most other games, and the Insanity Meter ads a sick twist – it gets the adrenaline pumping. Definitely worthy of your attention!"

2. panama

panama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi, as toysRus are selling it at £4:99 does your £4:99 include P&P, if so I'll take it. PM me with your payment details - cheers

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Panama i dont think he is selling his copy!!!!

4. panama

panama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    doh!!! :blush:

5. John C

John C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, yeah, I'm just letting people know that the bargain is out there :)

Worth getting, if you've a Toys R Us near you - if you haven't, give me a shout and I'll see if my local one has any left.

6. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I got it for 7.50 from a Dixons in London. The best thing was, I got a 10 pound rebate from Nintendo as part of their 10 million pound giveaway voucher offers!

:clap:

Thanks NOE!