GC - cable confusion

J

jmjm

Hi

I've got my GC connected with a Gamester AV/SCART which I have been assured is RGB capable - however I have my doubts. I know this has been covered before but can someone tell me a product to connect my GC with a definite RGB/Scart cable?

Is this the best way to get the best picture from a UK CG? What's the deal with S Video, component etc? Is the one supplied a composite cable?

I've been on holiday and forgotten everything I knew about cables aagh!

Thanks

Use the official Nintendo RGB Scart cable its the only one I know of that is definitely RGB capable and it's build quality is excellent. Speak to Groundy for further cable info.

With a UK gc the nintendo RGB scart is your best bet.

If you have a display that would take a progressive scan (non interlaced) input then an import GC with a component cable is the way to go.

Joytech also sells a RGB cable through GAME for £10. The picture you get from this is in no way as good as the picture the official Nintendo RGB cable gives you, but IMO it's still miles better than the composite A/V cable that comes with the 'Cube

Just get the official cable. You'll be glad you did. For those who don't want to shell out a lot for a RGB cable then the Joytech cable might be right up their street.

Originally posted by jmjm
Hi

I've got my GC connected with a Gamester AV/SCART which I have been assured is RGB capable - however I have my doubts.

Your doubts are correct. The Gamester Scart Cable is most certainly NOT RGB.

Is this the best way to get the best picture from a UK CG? What's the deal with S Video, component etc? Is the one supplied a composite cable?

As mentioned above, if you have a Component Video capable display (Toshiba TV, Plasma, Projector), buy a Nintendo Component Video Cable from:

http://www.ncsx.com

or

http://www.tronixweb.com

If you do not have Component Video Inputs, buy an official Nintendo RGB Scart Cable at £20-£25 or I have some 3rd party cables that ARE RGB capable.

Originally posted by groundy

buy an official Nintendo RGB Scart Cable at £20-£25 or I have some 3rd party cables that ARE RGB capable. [/B]

How much are these 3rd party cables, and are they just as good as the Nintendo one? (i.e. better than the rubbish one at Game!)

Mark

They are £10 delivered. Build quality is perhaps not as good but picture quality seems comparable.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom