1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GC - cable confusion

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by jmjm, Nov 26, 2002.

1. jmjm

jmjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've got my GC connected with a Gamester AV/SCART which I have been assured is RGB capable - however I have my doubts. I know this has been covered before but can someone tell me a product to connect my GC with a definite RGB/Scart cable?

Is this the best way to get the best picture from a UK CG? What's the deal with S Video, component etc? Is the one supplied a composite cable?

I've been on holiday and forgotten everything I knew about cables aagh!

Thanks

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use the official Nintendo RGB Scart cable its the only one I know of that is definitely RGB capable and it's build quality is excellent. Speak to Groundy for further cable info.

3. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With a UK gc the nintendo RGB scart is your best bet.

If you have a display that would take a progressive scan (non interlaced) input then an import GC with a component cable is the way to go.

4. kev_melon

kev_melon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Joytech also sells a RGB cable through GAME for £10. The picture you get from this is in no way as good as the picture the official Nintendo RGB cable gives you, but IMO it's still miles better than the composite A/V cable that comes with the 'Cube

Just get the official cable. You'll be glad you did. For those who don't want to shell out a lot for a RGB cable then the Joytech cable might be right up their street.

5. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Your doubts are correct. The Gamester Scart Cable is most certainly NOT RGB.

As mentioned above, if you have a Component Video capable display (Toshiba TV, Plasma, Projector), buy a Nintendo Component Video Cable from:

http://www.ncsx.com

or

http://www.tronixweb.com

If you do not have Component Video Inputs, buy an official Nintendo RGB Scart Cable at £20-£25 or I have some 3rd party cables that ARE RGB capable.

6. meg

meg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much are these 3rd party cables, and are they just as good as the Nintendo one? (i.e. better than the rubbish one at Game!)

Mark

7. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    They are £10 delivered. Build quality is perhaps not as good but picture quality seems comparable.