1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBA SP power supply

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by andyk, Mar 29, 2003.

1. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I don't know whether to just add this to the existing thread on the SP or start a new one???

I was looking at the SP in Dixons today and the power supply says 230V (not 100 or 230 as some of them eg. my laptop do)

I am thinking of getting one for playing on the plane and in airports as I am going to New York three times in the next few weeks for work. Does anyone know what would happen if I plugged a UK power supply in the USA. Alternatively I could buy one over there (might be chaeaper?). What would happen if I tried to use the PSU over her then??

Cheers
    Andy

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    She might complain ;) :p

You just need an adapter for any UK PSU when using it abroad. Pick one up at WHSmiths or somewhere like that.

I usually can't find mine on the night before I fly, so I always end up coughing up for a new one just before I board the plane :(

BTW, in case you didn't know, the PSU comes free with the GBA SP :)

3. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I was more worried about the voltage difference.

Will it still charge properly on a 110V supply?

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most of what I've taken with me abroad is rechargers (battery recharger for batteries for CD Walkman, mobile phone recharging PSU, etc). My mobile phone PSU says 230V, but it charged the battery ok in Canada, which is same as US @ 110-120V (unless my memory is playing up :confused: ). I could be wrong and maybe I've been taking risks, but I always saw 230V as a maximum, meaning lower voltages are okay but not ideal (thus not the same as buying N American products and using them here because they can't take more than 110-120V).