gawd almighty

roofer

Established Member
Reaction score
is this forum all about svs . is it me or is this fourm
getting very boring svs day in day out surely there is more interesting posts than the this daily yawn. of svs posts. come on
get a grip their are subs out there worth posting other than
svs .they should be good as they are as big as thr eiffel tower

if thats what those browsing the forum use, then thats reflective of what people want to talk about. Sure there are other subs, just their owners arent necessarily so quick to talk on here. In the end of the day, if you dont want to hear about svs, dont come in here! :D

ad

I could be wrong but I think I did see mention of a Rel sub here some time ago, maybe last year :D

I think another reason they are talked about a lot here is that they appear to be great value for money, but you can't simply pop into a dealer to audition them. The only alternatives I can think of are to read reviews and ask questions in forums like this.

By the way, if there are other subjects you'd like to discuss, feel free to start some threads.

Cheers,
Liam

or you could consider it that svs owners are actually so horrified by the performance that they cant bring themselves to using them! :D Meanwhile all the other sub owners are just too busy enjoying to post!

ad

I use an Artcoustic sub. the DFS100-75 is the best sub I've had at home (including some goodns like an MX350 and a Stadium). I'm told they use it at the Electric Cinema in Notting Hill which is a BIG cinema. it kicks ars :censored:

Just wanted to use the new smilies:D

Actually I do more than my fair share of B&W subwoofer related ranting on this forum. Good subs them.:p

Can i get a rewind?

Adz

Quick search results on sub makes.

B&W 101
Velodyne 342
SVS 98
Servo 15: 97

Doesn't look like a bias in threads on SVS to me.

Originally posted by roofer
is it me or is this fourm
getting very boring svs day in day out surely there is more interesting posts than the this daily yawn.

Your right, but this will always happen not just with subwoofers.

:offtopic:

I find it interesting that the only subs you can't demo, can't borrow for a home trial, can't find in every local dealer, cost more than the average sub, are always bløødy huge, aren't covered in quality hardwood veneers, aren't advertised and are only available on the "well dodgy" internet are still bought, enjoyed and ranted on about on the AV forums both here and in the USA.

I wonder what the reason could be? :rolleyes:

Nimby

BTW Anything not about :censored: is now strictly :offtopic:

:oops: :rotfl:

couldn't help being surprised when I noticed who sponsers the subwoofer section

Originally posted by common
couldn't help being surprised when I noticed who sponsers the subwoofer section

Why are you surprised as it was the medium of AV Forums that gave Velodyne the UK recognition and profile it has today.

AV-Sales who sponsor the speaker forum are authorised Velodyne dealers and have been advertising the fact here for many months as well.

Yes, there is a lot of talk about SVS. A year or so and you will find Velodyne mentioned more than once, thanks to some good offers in the Powerbuy section. Go back even further and Servo15's were the sub of choice.
Without wanting to sound too deep, here, but this forum has "movements" like any large social gathering; people start talking to others about some new exciting good quality product. Recommendations are made and before you know it, maker A is the flavour of the month and seems to be talked about incessantly.
What I think is actually happening is people are eager to voice their opinions on something that either a) surprises them and 2) disappoints them. In SVS's case, the former would appear to be true and who can blame those talking about their new piece of kit in their hobby?

Russell

It is all about movements as russraff says..... it takes one person to intro a product, 2 to make it popular and from there its just freee riding! There is nothing ground breaking about svs. I could name you plenty of other products that are just as special at just as special prices and are (or were) subject to the same necessity to purchase without hearing (blah blah blah) but no one will listen because im the only one with experience! Were a 2nd member to come up with the same names, for all you know it could be the next svs!

ad

What would really be worth talking about would be an SVS-buster at half the price and a third of the size! :blush:

But I'm not holding my breath. :D

Nimby

Originally posted by lmccauley
By the way, if there are other subjects you'd like to discuss, feel free to start some threads.

Exactement:)

Originally posted by Nimby
What would really be worth talking about would be an SVS-buster at half the price and a third of the size! :blush:

But I'm not holding my breath. :D

Nimby

You've just described my Servo 15 :devil:

guys,

I know all this about SVS could become boring.
But there's a reason for it. Like REL than Velos and now SVS. In subwooferland...SVS is the new king.

The subwoofer market is maturing all the time. REL claim to fame was that it was the first TRUE subwoofer who could provide serious subbass. Later on it was time for the Velos. Cheaper and outperforming its opposite REL.

But than came SVS. Sure it's a huge beast, but performancewise it's truly hard to beat..esspecially if you teake the rpice into account.

And that's the SVS strength...quality in combination with unbelieveble price.

If you know another brand/article than can comibine these two. I'd be buying it too.

To be honest I think a lot of people are probably fed up of hearing about svs all the time but I think the owners of these subs are very enthusiastic about their products.
The one deciding factor for a lot of peeps in this country buying these subs at the moment must be the dollar exchange rate.
There are a lot of very good subwoofers around and its a shame when a "my sub is better than your sub" vibe develops.
Svs do seem to offer a lot for the amount of money you pay even after the price of importation, but would so many folk in the UK be buying if the exchange rate was back down at 1.48 or whatever?
I needed a more powerful sub after moving house and as I do not intend upgrading for a very long time, I chose svs because I do not believe I could buy a comparable product in this country for the amount I was going to spend. I am sure that there are equally good subs around, most certainly better ones but they are out of my price range! Lets just enjoy our films and music and be happy with whatever we have got.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom