Gauntlet: Slayer Edition

Twenty dollars seems bit much, the original IGN review have it 6.8/10 I think and criticised it's replayability.

Anyone know if it has online play?

This might be the game that gets my dad to buy a PS4. He loved these games.

It's meant to be quite good according to feedback from the pc section.

I loved the 4 player gauntlet in the arcade back in the day.

GAUNTLET1820.jpg

De ja vu?

I remember putting in 40 cents once, and playing for 6 hours - yes six hours! :smashin: Some guys turned up with huge bags of coins, with the intent to clock it. However they weren't actually very good, so i didn't feel like i was leeching by nicking food here and there :devil:

Spent ages on this cab in the 80's. Great game. Our local video game shop (Spectrum in York) had a cab and I was all over this. Played it along with Deeper Dungeons and Gauntlet 2 loads on the speccy. My fave version was the Megadrive version of Gauntlet 4 though. Had a great RPG mode in it.

Can see this being a PS+ release.

We had this in Hornsea, pastimes amusements. Long gone now

My dad said he would love to play it but he can't pull the trigger on a PS4 because he doesn't have the motivation to play anymore... shame. If there was a game to do it, then this would have been it... I just hope I don't lose my mojo.

Spent quite a bit of time on this on PC, great fun in co-op.

The screen on some of these remakes sometimes seems a bit cluttered to me as the inevitable graphics "upgrade" takes away from the classic simplicity and clean lines of the original game.

Still, this will be about gameplay, and I can see it being a blast in co-op if it's good.

Spent ages on this cab in the 80's. Great game. Our local video game shop (Spectrum in York) had a cab and I was all over this. Played it along with Deeper Dungeons and Gauntlet 2 loads on the speccy.

I loved this in the arcades too, and the Speccy version. Remember the cheat(not sure if it was intentional or not) on the Speccy where if you pressed a load of keys on the keyboard you could walk through walls?:laugh:

If I pick up this release though it will be in a sale, wouldn't pay full price for it.

I want to pick this up but there hasn't been much traffic in this thread so I'm afraid I wouldn't have anyone to play with. And I needz ma virtual fwiendz...

... And I needz ma virtual fwiendz...
awww fwiendz

Same problem for me too though: it looks ok but not a single player game, which gives me reluctance to buy. Ditto Magicka 2.

awww fwiendz

Same problem for me too though: it looks ok but not a single player game, which gives me reluctance to buy. Ditto Magicka 2.

If only there was like some way where we could like play together but not in the same house. If there were like a network capable of hosting like our virtual party play time then we could like both buy it and like play virtually together. If only. Then maybe we could like play together.

If only there was like some way where we could like play together but not in the same house. If there were like a network capable of hosting like our virtual party play time then we could like both buy it and like play virtually together. If only. Then maybe we could like play together.

Hmmmm, with the magic of Share Play maybe you don't both even need to buy it! :)

On the fence myself, any impressions?

Hmmmm, with the magic of Share Play maybe you don't both even need to buy it! :)

On the fence myself, any impressions?
Every Gauntlet I've played has been really good fun, so even though I don't have it, I'm going to go ahead and say it's a blast, lol.

I may actually pick it up so my kids and I can play together. They love playing games with Daddy.

Is this an american trying to do sarcasm? :laugh:

Yeah yeah, i'll ponder it a bit harder... but you do play odd hours.

Is this an american trying to do sarcasm? :laugh:

Yeah yeah, i'll ponder it a bit harder... but you do play odd hours.
Think you mean I play odd "minutes" here and there, lol.

Bit the bullet on this and played for a couple hours with a friend. It's good fun and there is plenty to upgrade your characters with. We didn't get that far but the levels seem to have some variety and new enemy types kept being introduced.

Bit the bullet on this and played for a couple hours with a friend. It's good fun and there is plenty to upgrade your characters with. We didn't get that far but the levels seem to have some variety and new enemy types kept being introduced.
Already makes me want it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom