Gauntlet - Birds of Prey - Knutsford

scottkil

Established Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to spend a day at the Gauntlet Birds of Prey Centre this weekend. Excellent centre and many birds to photograph. They also offer full photography days.

I would fully recommend a visit to anyone who is close by, a good cheap day out for basic entry.

Here are a few photo's taken on the day.....

Harris Hawk in Flight by Scott Kilbourne, on Flickr

Harris Hawk in Flight by Scott Kilbourne, on Flickr

Kite Hybrid by Scott Kilbourne, on Flickr

Lanner Falcon by Scott Kilbourne, on Flickr

European Eagle Owl by Scott Kilbourne, on Flickr

Lugger Falcon by Scott Kilbourne, on Flickr

Bald Eagle by Scott Kilbourne, on Flickr

Peregrine Falcon by Scott Kilbourne, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great set, #3 & #4 are the stand out ones for me though.:smashin:

Fantastic set - but gonna number the images for me ? - makes it easier to target comments :)

Jim

Nice set, especially 3 & 4. 8 looks like a kestrel to me though not a peregrine

Thanks for that - 3,4 and 6 are my favourites :smashin:

Jim

All very nice - love #11 - is the blue tinge around the eyes/beak in the first two natural or is it the PP ?

Jim

Thanks - very unusual :)

Jim

Just been looking at a few of the RAW files from the studio shots and some have this blue tint. Can only think it is perhaps a mix of the studio strobes and effect on white balance.

Just been looking at a few of the RAW files from the studio shots and some have this blue tint. Can only think it is perhaps a mix of the studio strobes and effect on white balance.

Thanks - yes that sounds possible - I was wondering about WB - didn't realise there was flash involved as no EXIF visible to me on Flickr :)

JIm

3 and 11 are OUTSTANDING! What kit did you use?

3. Canon 50D set to manual with 70-200mm F2.8 mounted on Tripod with two strobe lights (fill light at approx 30% of key light) and natural roof light giving separation. Camera settings at 1/250 f/9 ISO 100, zoom 130mm

11. Same camera and lens but with two continuos lights used as main and fill, natural roof light as separation. Camera settings at 1/250 f/6.3 ISO 400, zoom 200mm

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom