domtheone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming March 2021 some French website.

Terrific movie. Superior Intelligent Sci Fi.

Sony too so should be top notch A/V

Had a rewatch last year. Superb, thought provoking subject matter when it was released, and still the same today if not more so.

”Alien”esque like in its qualities. Timeless. Suspenseful. Great visuals.

So yeh, a great film,

Had a rewatch last year. Superb, thought provoking subject matter when it was released, and still the same today if not more so.

”Alien”esque like in its qualities. Timeless. Suspenseful. Great visuals.

So yeh, a great film,
Dont forget the fantastic soundtrack which I play quite often.

Can't find a UK release for this, so does anyone know if the blu-ray in this release is region locked? Can pick it a US copy on pre-order from WOWHD, but I'd really want to see the special features that are likely only on the Blu.

Can't find a UK release for this, so does anyone know if the blu-ray in this release is region locked? Can pick it a US copy on pre-order from WOWHD, but I'd really want to see the special features that are likely only on the Blu.
I would imagine the bluray is the same old ancient US disc in which case yes, region free. Same as that on the more recent HMV Premium edition.

The US blu-ray was one of my very first import blu-rays about 10? years ago.

I would imagine the bluray is the same old ancient US disc in which case yes, region free. Same as that on the more recent HMV Premium edition.

The US blu-ray was one of my very first import blu-rays about 10? years ago.

Cool thank you. Only got it on DVD from when it was first released, so being able to access the special features on the Blu-ray would be important to me.

Cool thank you. Only got it on DVD from when it was first released, so being able to access the special features on the Blu-ray would be important to me.
Yeah I had it on DVD and Superbit DVD back in the day!

One of my all time favourites, found it very profound and like could this be the future !
Dvd i got must be 20yrs old, in the. Jewel type case sure it was £19.99 to.
Zavvi £25 will amazon get to?

One of my all time favourites, found it very profound and like could this be the future !
Dvd i got must be 20yrs old, in the. Jewel type case sure it was £19.99 to.
Zavvi £25 will amazon get to?
Could be the future? Some of it is reality already..

Standard release now up for pre-order.

Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

GTCA_4K.jpg

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I have just had my pre-order moved to June 14th 2021 (UK Amazon). I am consoling myself that this means they are making it right and aren't rushing it.

ETA: It's just been moved back to March 22nd.

I am really looking forward to this; 4k on my 65inch OLED will be a bit different to the first time I watched it, DVD (a jewel case!) on a 19inch 4:3 CRT computer monitor. I think this was my second DVD purchase after Cube. I never did like the BluRay image much, can't put my finger on why.

Last edited:
A quick run only opening scene but never watched with a decent sub before and the nails and bits falling wow felt like coming down through floor!
It looks grainy busy on skin/big areas not sure if this is how meant to be or settings wrong. Almost like its alive!
Seen on other things to, discs and Netflix.
Like the steel cover!
99F30EA5-D953-4D03-9160-38811574C3E9.jpeg

My copy arrived, watched a few scenes on my 65B9. The film still looks the same, but it's clear from the start that the HDR has an effect, with the credits being a nice pure white. Detail doesn't seem amazing, but the scene with Uma entering Gattaca shows every hair so maybe some scenes are better than others. As you'd expect the HDR isn't as wide as a modern digital film but the colours do look richer and lights have more punch. I find 4k and UHD have the ability to make a film look like a film, as it does in the cinema, and I do get that from this presentation. It doesn't try and look like a window into the scene, something shot on film never will and isn't supposed to, not like something like Planet Earth II tries to but I think we are seeing it as it's meant to be seen. I was very taken by the sound. I wasn't expecting much difference, and have not done a back to back with the BluRay, but it sounds so much clearer and richer than I remember.

Really looking forward to watching this.

That steel book looks great!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom