Question Gas Hob flaring

Anteka

Novice Member
Hi all, fingers crossed someone might be able to provide me with some guidance!

Moved into our house in July this year. Unfortunately realised that there is an issue with the Gas hob.

Ignites fine, however after a couple of minutes the flame tends to almost die, then it flares up quite intensely. After that it will calm down again and die. Quick click of the knob and its back up and running... And repeat (sometimes, other times it works fine. For the time we're using it anyway)

Thought it was the hob, so had a new one installed. But the issue remains. It's the first gas hob that I've had, so a bit confused on even where to start looking. Or what action to take.

John7

I'm not a gas engineer but it sounds like it could be the regulator (on the supply). I would contact your Gas supplier and explain the symptoms. If it is the regulator, they will sort it as they are responsible.

Anteka

Novice Member
I'm not a gas engineer but it sounds like it could be the regulator (on the supply). I would contact your Gas supplier and explain the symptoms. If it is the regulator, they will sort it as they are responsible.
Thank you very much! I'll contact them and see what they say!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom