Bargain Expired Gas & Electricity Supplier Bulb

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I work for them, trust me i do not but i was referred, and even though i have a good deal with the Co-oP, I am saving £280 on next year, plus I got a £50 credit by using a referral link.

This is mine: bulb.co.uk/refer/leeb6137

Reviews of there services stand out, that's why i switched.,

They're also currently amongst the top recommendations from Moneysavingexpert (Martin Lewis's outfit).
I switched to them yesterday.

I’ve been with bulb the past few months and really like them. They saved me quite a bit of money on the switch and everything was very straight forward.

Their referral scheme is also pretty decent. They give £50 for using a friend referral.

I'm doing a super duper deal. If you sign up using my link:

bulb.co.uk/refer/dafyddd2448

Then I'll chuck you an extra £20 from the money I receive as a thank you for using my link. This will give you a tidy £70.00 profit. Just let me know when you've used it, and as soon as it shows up I will PayPal you £20.00.

Worth knowing:
- Bulb PAYS your exit fees if needed
- 100% green energy
- Simple to swap from your current provider as Bulb handle it all
- No lock-in, you can leave any time!
- Simple pricing - same cheap rate for all
- 4000+ 5* trust pilot reviews
- Prompt UK based customer service

I just signed up with them, referral code (which gets us both a £50 credit) here:
bulb.co.uk/refer/andrewm5258

Anyone got the £100 Anniversary upgrade link at the moment,

Going to switch this week and will use the £100 link if someone has it at the moment,

I trust you know your exact kWh usage? I swapped to So Energy back in January. Just went to Bulb and put in my usage.

FAzoJL0.png

All that glistens is not gold! Shop around!

Out of interest how do you get a quote based on your actual usage as opposed to the one they give on your postcode, always a little suspicious of a price based this way

When you initially get a quote you have the option to "Refine" the quote where you can enter actual usage. My example above shows I can "refine again" if I wanted.

Yeah, definitely shop around and where possible gets quotes based on your actually usage.
On first glance Bulb looked good and the postcode quote said I'd save money, but when I refined it based on my usage for the last 12 months it came in at £6 a month dearer.

I also switched and did have a few issues taking over 2 months to sort due to my meter type, but I ended up with 2 x £100 referral bonuses and another £20 for the mess-up.

Can't complain about that ! And price of their gas has actually gone down since I joined.

My current deal ends in August so I'm starting to look around again. Bulb is coming up as one of the better prices so do people still recommend them?
The only thing putting me off slightly is it being a variable tariff, does that mean my direct debit will shoot up over winter when I'm using more energy? I've only been on fixed before so not sure how the variables work.

Used bulb for a year or so and very happy with them. Best thing is using the app you can post meter readings and adjust your monthly payments to what actually suits you, rather than many suppliers who press you to overpay.

My current deal ends in August so I'm starting to look around again. Bulb is coming up as one of the better prices so do people still recommend them?
The only thing putting me off slightly is it being a variable tariff, does that mean my direct debit will shoot up over winter when I'm using more energy? I've only been on fixed before so not sure how the variables work.
No, you set a direct debit for each month. Mine is currently £72, which means I go in credit over the summer, which then is used over the winter.
Variable means the rate at which they charge you for energy. For example, on a fixed tariff it could be 12p/kWh, which is good if costs go up. Not good if they come down (my gas price was cut recently)
If you do switch you can use my referral code www.bulb.me/kyle3040 for £50 credit each

No, you set a direct debit for each month. Mine is currently £72, which means I go in credit over the summer, which then is used over the winter.
Variable means the rate at which they charge you for energy. For example, on a fixed tariff it could be 12p/kWh, which is good if costs go up. Not good if they come down (my gas price was cut recently)
If you do switch you can use my referral code www.bulb.me/kyle3040 for £50 credit each

Thanks, just signed up and used your referral code. :)

Thanks, just signed up and used your referral code. :)
Thanks. I do check every few months but bulb always works out the cheapest for me, hence why I haven't changed.

For those in this thread who's bill would comes out at about about a fiver more for Bulb, is that not actually great value if the electricity is all coming from green sources? (assuming your current provider's doesn't). I'm not sure how much more I'd be willing to pay for green energy but under a tenner a month is a no brainer to me? Also, you'd only need 1 referral at £50 to all but mitigate any price increase.

I'm also with Bulb and the best thing about them (apart from the fact that it's green) is the single tariff means every year I save a load of hours researching, switching, sorting out new billing etc as I don't have to worry about coming out of a discounted term.

I've referred 11 friends and family and they are all very happy with the service and I know of at least 4 referrals from them to their friends - as a result 15 homes (plus mine) are now using green energy and that definitely means something! Even if you don't go with Bulb, I would seriously consider a green tariff next time - imagine if everyone did it...

https://www.bulb.me/steve6446

Will have a look at his as my current deal ends next month

For those in this thread who's bill would comes out at about about a fiver more for Bulb, is that not actually great value if the electricity is all coming from green sources? (assuming your current provider's doesn't). I'm not sure how much more I'd be willing to pay for green energy but under a tenner a month is a no brainer to me? Also, you'd only need 1 referral at £50 to all but mitigate any price increase.

I'm also with Bulb and the best thing about them (apart from the fact that it's green) is the single tariff means every year I save a load of hours researching, switching, sorting out new billing etc as I don't have to worry about coming out of a discounted term.

I've referred 11 friends and family and they are all very happy with the service and I know of at least 4 referrals from them to their friends - as a result 15 homes (plus mine) are now using green energy and that definitely means something! Even if you don't go with Bulb, I would seriously consider a green tariff next time - imagine if everyone did it...

https://www.bulb.me/steve6446

used your code mate

currently with edf coming to the end of a dual fuel fixed tarrif, have a smart meter (2nd gen I believe), assume if I switch to Bulb I keep the SM and it will work for both gas & electric on Bulb?

currently with edf coming to the end of a dual fuel fixed tarrif, have a smart meter (2nd gen I believe), assume if I switch to Bulb I keep the SM and it will work for both gas & electric on Bulb?

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe so. I don't have a smart meter, but I did have an email from Bulb last week saying they are fitting them in my area soon if I want one.

www.bulb.me/mandye6505

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom