Gary Numan Thread

D

daviddenise24

Hi Guys

Been a fan for many years since Bombers back in 79’ am loving the new Gothic rock creation that he has settled on these days although I still listen to early stuff and realize now how influential he was

Just bought his latest live DVD and will be watching on up scaled through PS3

Also went to see him in Milton Keynes at the Woughton Centre a few years back now and was brilliant and would say that my son now likes him.

Are the any other fans out there? Share your thoughts and experiences

Grew up listening to GN from about the age of 11.

Haven't really followed his more recent stuff of the last few years, but am still a massive fan. :thumbsup:

Went to see him at Hammersmith Odeon (as it was called back then!) in '79 & '80, the the "farewell" gig at Wembley in '81.

Went again in '84 to the Berserker tour too, and have been since that but can't remember when/where...:oops:

All we need now is for him to release Micromusic on DVD. :smashin:

I have been a fan since 1979 and have seen him live about 80 times over the years.
My first ever gig was Numan at the Birmingham Odeon in 1980 - I can still remember it as though it were yesterday.

He is still writing great stuff but I was a little disappointed with the production on Jagged - too much distortion for my tastes.
It could have been a really superb album in my opinion.

Micromusic on DVD mmmmmm - that would be great but unlikely at the moment as they have "lost" the master tapes.
The word is that if they can source a laser disk that still works they will attempt to produce one from that.Here's hoping.....

John

A quick resurrection if I may.....:smashin:

I went to see him on Saturday at the Indigo2 on the final night of the Replicas mini tour.

All I can say is I came away completely blown away as he doesn't appear to lost any of his stage presence.

Listening to people chatting on the way out and speaking to people on the train on the way home I wasn't alone in being massively impressed at the gig. :thumbsup:

It's a long time since I last saw him live, but it was like being there 30 years ago! :D

I missed the Telekon mini tour last year, so I bought a copy of the live CD and DVD that was on sale (I was going to get a programme but didn't as they were on CD rather than being a printed book).

I haven't watched the DVD yet, but having listened to the CD I would say that it does a great job of capturing him at his live best. :thumbsup:

All in all I am so pleased that I managed to get tickets for this gig and look forward to buying a live CD and DVD of this tour on next year's "Pleasure Principle" live mini tour! :smashin: :D

Last edited:
Hi all,

Glad to say that Numan is playing Bestival on the Isle of Wight in September also Human League are there too (went to see 'em quite recently, surprisingly good!).

Don't know whether he's played a festival before, looking forward to it !

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom