Garmin NUVI7x5T Firmware Upgrade

Chinster1957

Standard Member
Reaction score
Garmin has just updated the firmware to version 3.00 (via WebUpdater) and it looks like they have fixed at least some of the shut down problems.

They have also added some new features such as eco routes.

Sadly there are still problems with the firmware. So far I have had one random shutdown where the unit was a real pain to get to switch back on again.

Plus they have managed to break the FM transmitter facility where you can listen to the instructions via your radio.

I'm not impressed.

Hi, Robin

I have spoken to Garmin. Apparently the FM transmitter problem is happening because they now legally have to swith the FM transmitter off if it is not outputting anything for 30 seconds.

They have admitted that they are still having shut down problems with ver 3.00 although they have obviously fixed a lot of the problems.

Do you have the U-Turns avoidance ticked or unticked? Do you use the speed camera options?

Many thanks

Hi

I did see elsewhere that if you have a silent MP3 track playing it stops the transmitter switching off.

I do not use this feature.

I use the SCDB camera files.

U turn not sure, its what ever the standard out of box configuration is.

Robin...

Cheers, Robin.

I have tried the silent mp3 and it kind of works but sometimes the mp3 locks up and you lose the sound until the next time you boot it up. I'll probably just use it on the internal speaker.

The Nuvi has the U-Turns avoidance ticked as its default. I have found that the device is more reliable with U-Turns unticked. If you start to have shut down problems I would give that a try.

Many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom