• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Garmin Nuvi 50LM & Speed Cameras

jarraman

I have jsut bought a Garmin 50 and in general Im happy with it. Nice clear 5" screen. I notice it has some speed camera alerts on it, however Im wondering is it possible to purchase and download some serious speed camera alerts.

Is there a particular package you can buy,which is value for money

wongataa

You can either subscribe to the Garmin speed camera alerts or use the Pocket GPS World alerts (I do this) which have a good reputation.

jarraman

Thanks for the reply. would you say the Garmin alerts are more compatible with the device,other than the Pocket GPS World alerts .

Im a bit wary of downloading something onto the device thats not compatible and mebbe damaging the device.

I will check things out though.

wongataa

I use the Pocket GPS World ones. You can't damage the device by using them and you download one compatible with your brand of sat nav. The worst that can go wrong with installation is that they don't work and you ahve to try again.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom