• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Garmin Nuvi 300 Saving Favourites?

Dony

Distinguished Member
Hope someone can help :lease:

I use my Nuvi 300 all the time and have stored a large number of locations (customers) onto it. I've so much on it now that it is invaluable for my work.

If I buy an SD card, presumably I can copy from the Nuvi memory onto the card memory. I can then keep the card safe and have it as back-up.

My question is this: Will any other device recognise the saved locations on the SD card if my current nuvi got damaged or stolen?

lynx

Senior Moderator
You will need to establish if your favourites are saved to the machine or sd card. My Navman only uses the sd card for street level mapping, the favs (along with poi's) are stored on the unit it's-self.

Dony

Distinguished Member
You will need to establish if your favourites are saved to the machine or sd card. My Navman only uses the sd card for street level mapping, the favs (along with poi's) are stored on the unit it's-self.

At the moment they are saved on the machine. I've just ordered an SD card and hope that I will be able to copy from the machine to the Card as back-up. Is this possible? :confused:

Edit: The maps were pre-loaded, so I've never used an SD card with the Nuvi.

Dony

Distinguished Member
In reply to my own question (if anyone else is interested).

Connect the Garmin to PC
Open up Germin folder
Copy GPX folder to hard-drive.

According to Garmin support, this means that if I lost my Garmin, I have a back-up of all saved favourites. Simply copy from harddrive to SD card and fit in new device all should be there.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom