Garmin Mini Dashcam 2

152bobby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am having real issues trying to get a live view on the Garmin Drive App.

Its all paired via Bluetooth etc, but I just get the spinning wheel. Left it for 30 minutes and still no live view, so I don't know what it is pointing to !!
I have seen a few YouTube clips and people saying it's a bit of a hit and miss you get a live view.
I'd rather not have to take the SD card out to put in a laptop to find out....what's the point in the app then !!!
Any advice please ?

I had the same issue with mine.
You connect via Bluetooth but to get a live view it actually connects via WiFi in the background. Make sure you have adblock turned off on your phone as that can stop it connecting, I had DuckDuckGo app tracking protection switched on and had problems connecting. Turning it off means it now works fine, even setting the app exception didn't work

Thanks, that's interesting and very handy to know. But it wasn't that, because I used the same two devices (Google Pixel 5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ and both do have DuckDuckGo) to try and connect and they wouldn't, but both devices connected via wifi to my other cars Dashcams Live view which is a Nextbase and also a Thinkware Dashcam, so it had to be the Garmin, even Garmin Support couldn't help !!

Ok, thinking more about this, I had a thought !!

My Google Pixel 5 is on Android 13 and my Samsung Tab S7+ is still in Android 12.

So I tried this with my Tablet in the car and it all works fine.

So it's a pretty sure bet, Garmin have not noticed that Android 13 is rolling out !!

If it is this, it's poor pro activeness by Garmin !!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom