Garmin 610T - Help needed with traffic receiver...

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by q22est, May 8, 2007.

1. q22est

q22est
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently bought a Garmin 610T that came with a traffic receiver attached to the power lead - but I can't seem to work out how to receive the live traffic updates. I'm sure it must be quite easy really and I've tried to comprehend the instructions on the supplied CD Rom but it hasn't made a sound in the 2 weeks we've owned it! does anybody know how to do it?? Also, does anybody know how to customise the POI's such as adding to speed (oops sorry) `safety' camera locations etc. I note from the Garmin web site that the installed `safety' camera database is only eligable for a 90 day free trial / subscription period !!
    Any help much appreciated as always.

2. mr hugo

mr hugo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi q22est I have the Garmin 310D which came with the traffic receiver.
    The receiver will only work if it is connected to a 12 volt adapter which comes with the unit. All I had to do was go outside to the car plug it in and it loaded automatically, then to access the reports you touch the screen icon (a blue triangle) which is on the right hand side of the main screen.
    Assuming you are in an area to receive reports it should work.
    My unit when connected sometimes switches off traffic reports because the adapter for power needs to be moved about to get a connection, but I never have problems with other things connected the the lighter socket, I have heard other people have had problems with the supplied 12V adapter.

3. conman33158

conman33158

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the exact same problem mate here in N.Ire. Just shows a little greyed out triangle at the bottom right off the screen with an exclimation mark, cant seem to work it out at all:(

4. fixtures_man

fixtures_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have the same probelm - I found out on the garmin website that TrafficMaster (the people who run the traffic alerting network) dont cover N ireland only mainland UK. Hopefully they will in the future.