Gareth Bale transfer bet for Charity

djdhrubs

Banned
In case you missed it from the transfer thread:-

I am willing to bet that Bale leaves Spurs in the next 8 months. Here are the terms:-

If Bale goes to Manchester United in one of the next 2 transfer windows (summer and Jan): you pay £50!

Bale goes to another Prem team in the next 2 transfer windows: you pay £40

Bale goes to Madrid or another European club in the next 2 transfer windows: you pay £20

Bale stays at Spurs for next 2 transfer windows: I pay £35.

Consider one or two factors. We don't yet know whether Spurs will play in the Champions league next season, which may have a large bearing on whether Bale leaves in January, let alone this summer.

Also I reckon it's unlikely Levy will sell to another Premier league club, especially United with whom relations have been tense in recent years. Hence the variable quantities above.

Finally, there's Real Madrid presidential elections coming up, which may well influence things a lot too.

As I mentioned before, FZR has 1st refusal on this, but I'd like to open it up to others too, ideally Spurs fans for that extra bit of spice! Offer open til Saturday morning, for now.

And remember, it's for a charity of your/ my choice. Put your money where your mouth is! I think it's highly likely I'll lose this, but it's for charity and a bit of fun!

And if no one takes me up on this charity bet, I can only assume whoever bleats on about how sure they are Bale will stay for another year don't really have full confidence in what they're saying.

:laugh:

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bloodzeed

Distinguished Member
Well you're on a mission to wind up spurs fans and that's not allowed on here. He refused your bet and so did i but you still open a Thread.

Last edited:

djdhrubs

Banned
Well you're on a mission to wind up spurs fans and that's not allowed on here. He refused your bet and so did i but you still open a Thread.

Not my intention at all. Just a bit of light hearted fun, for charity. Sorry if you feel wound up by it.

:smashin:

I've asked the question of the relevant mod

Thank you.

I assumed it was allowed, since others have made similar posts recently, and those posts haven't yet been deleted.

Last edited:

djdhrubs

Banned
I'll take the bet

:D

If you're serious that's fantastic! Without any hint of sarcasm I'm pretty sure I'd end up losing the bet!

If the mods allow and if its ok with you I will leave this open to Spurs fans as first preference but if none of them is up for it then the bet is yours.

British Heart Foundation I assume?

djdhrubs

Banned
I may leave the offer open to them a few days longer. That way, if it looks like Spurs might make the Champions league places, one of them might be up for it!

:D

Assuming they've understood the bet that is!

;)

djdhrubs

Banned
From someone who needed 6/4 explained the other night.:laugh:

That's the irony! I know nothing about betting terminology. I made an even simpler bet, in plain English, yet you didn't understand it! You were going on about there being 3 scenarios in which you'd have to pay money, compared to just one for me!

:laugh:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though mate. You probably didn't read what I wrote, as it was longer than a couple of paragraphs!

;)

djdhrubs

Banned
In the simplest way I can describe this for those of FZR's levels of intellect, should anyone other than Abbey take it:-

1. Bale leaves Spurs in the next 8 months - you lose.
2. Bale stays at Spurs for the next 8 months - you win.

It's that simple!

Soundburst

In Memoriam
Surely a player like Bale isn't available in January (especially after his Southampton transfer). . . so he either moves in the summer or he doesn't IMO.

I don't think he will. . .purely because he wouldn't have the steel to go abroad, and Man City and Chelsea won't buy him.

So why aren't people betting with you! It's for a good cause!

djdhrubs

Banned
Surely a player like Bale isn't available in January (especially after his Southampton transfer). . . so he either moves in the summer or he doesn't IMO.

Yes you could argue that. It's less likely that any player moves in January than in the summer, I guess. I just wanted to give myself a slightly better chance at winning the bet!

I don't think he will. . .purely because he wouldn't have the steel to go abroad, and Man City and Chelsea won't buy him.

So why aren't people betting with you! It's for a good cause!

So far, only one offer from Abbey! I'm surprised, I really am. There's been so much talk from people on this forum about Bale's transfer, with a lot of people seemingly convinced he won't move in the next year.

Easy money for charity, you'd have thought!

:confused:

FZR400RRSP

Banned
So far, only one offer from Abbey! I'm surprised, I really am. There's been so much talk from people on this forum about Bale's transfer, with a lot of people seemingly convinced he won't move in the next year.

Easy money for charity, you'd have thought!

:confused:

Of course, them not being bothered with your 'bet' is a surefire indication that they're having doubts.
The arrogance....:rolleyes:

djdhrubs

Banned
Of course, them not being bothered with your 'bet' is a surefire indication that they're having doubts.
The arrogance....:rolleyes:

So far, a City fan appears to have more conviction than the Spurs fans here that Bale will remain at Spurs for merely another 8 months.

Or perhaps, like me, he's just feeling charitable?

;)

It seems that you're so bored that despite turning down my offer, you keep commenting on this thread.

Name a charity of your choice, and I'll happily pay into it in 8 months time if Bale is still at Spurs. You can still change your mind about the offer.

Every girl has a right to....

leeince

Distinguished Member
So far, a City fan appears to have more conviction than the Spurs fans here that Bale will remain at Spurs for merely another 8 months.

Or perhaps, like me, he's just feeling charitable?

;)

It seems that you're so bored that despite turning down my offer, you keep commenting on this thread.

Name a charity of your choice, and I'll happily pay into it in 8 months time if Bale is still at Spurs. You can still change your mind about the offer.

Every girl has a right to....

You really are obsessed with Spurs and the goings on within the club, it's actually quite embarrassing! You can use the charity card to hide behind all you like but I think it's quite pathetic that you've started this thread. Perhaps you have a doctor friend that can help you deal with this chronic condition!

thfccambs

Banned
Take Steve up on the bet and I'll bet you 50£ ( if Who ever lose's goes to steve's charity) that Bale is at Spurs in 12 months. . Also think a few others should take you up on the bet .

Either way Steve's charity wins.

Last edited:

djdhrubs

Banned
You really are obsessed with Spurs and the goings on within the club, it's actually quite embarrassing! You can use the charity card to hide behind all you like but I think it's quite pathetic that you've started this thread. Perhaps you have a doctor friend that can help you deal with this chronic condition!

I take it you think Bale will leave soon?

;)

Very clever about the chronic condition. I like it! Will Dembele be fit today by the way?

Anyway I'm not hiding behind anything. If I win, CRUK will benefit. Go ahead and be cynical if you like, but if you read the terms it's actually a great bet to take up. You should consider it.

Last edited:

djdhrubs

Banned
Take Steve up on the bet and I'll bet you 50£ ( if Who ever lose's goes to steve's charity) that Bale is at Spurs in 12 months. . Also think a few others should take you up on the bet .

Either way Steve's charity wins.

12 months later the summer transfer window won't have even started. If he's still at Spurs in 8 months, he'll still be there in 12 months.

Anyway I'm not willing to lose more than £35 for this bet. Those are my terms, as decided by me. Depending on the likelihood of his destination, I've varied the amount you pay if you lose. If he goes to a European club, you'll only pay £20 though, so there's an incentive.

Would you take this bet mate? Would be nice if you would.

Sorry but I don't want to risk losing another £50 if I lose £35 first...though I might change my mind. Not 100% sure I understood your proposal though.

Last edited:

thfccambs

Banned
Ill stand by my bet as I'd like the £ to go to Abbeys charity, so take me and Steve up on it or just shut up about it?

More then happy to send Steve the £ up front also. Been on this forum long enough to hope I'm trusted though.

karlak

Distinguished Member
Very strange thread. The pressure being applied to certain members to take up a "bet" even in the name of charity, you are goading people. I am quite shocked actually that a "professional" in your occupation is acting like this. I know many people in your field of work and none of them would act like you do, either in the real world or hiding behind their keyboards.

Don't even try using your reverse psychology to try and get me take up your stupid bet, I donate much more than you are suggesting on a regular basis to my chosen charity already. It is a silly bet anyway, means nothing and seriously, he stays, he goes, so what. I may care, but I certainly cant alter the eventual outcome.

I was changing my opinion of you on this forum, shame really :(

all in my opinion of course ;) :) ;) ;) :) :)

djdhrubs

Banned
Ill stand by my bet as I'd like the £ to go to Abbeys charity, so take me and Steve up on it or just shut up about it?

More then happy to send Steve the £ up front also. Been on this forum long enough to hope I'm trusted though.

I'm sorry mate but I didn't understand what you are proposing. Lack of sleep is my excuse! Can you explain more?

djdhrubs

Banned
Very strange thread. The pressure being applied to certain members to take up a "bet" even in the name of charity, you are goading people.

The only person I've (very gently!) teased about this is FZR. I'm sorry if you feel anyone is being put under pressure. I beg to differ.

Follow these threads and you'll realise that it was FZR, long before me, who proposed a bet about Bale's transfer. I simply saw that post, thought that might be quite interesting, and have broadened the terms. FZR's original bet proposal is still incorporated in this bet.

I'm sure a lot of us give generously to charity every year. My opinion of people won't go down if they don't take me up on my bet!!! This is just a bit of light hearted fun, mixed with our interest in a much talked about transfer saga.

Karlak, please don't feel under pressure. No need to take up the bet uf youy don't want to.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution