Garden Room Cladding

jaipal2004

Hi all

got a garden room in breeze block in the garden thst I’m looking to clad vertically if possible.

i don’t want to use the shiplap type stuff and would rather it be something a bit more ‘flash’ / contemporary.

Done a few google searches and Canadian Cedar seems to be popular but it’s very expensive.

Anybody got any suggestions for alternative types of cladding and ideally suppliers ?

we have local timber yards but they typically only carry regular stuff.

Cheers

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
@Mr X sorry if got the wrong person but I think you’ve just done a really nice garden room with flash clashing?

Mr X

Distinguished Member
@Mr X sorry if got the wrong person but I think you’ve just done a really nice garden room with flash clashing?

yep you are 100% correct, it was me.

and yes went for Canadian Cedar cladding. I did try and find out where the builders got this but they weren’t forthcoming.

Originally wasn’t going to build until late this year possibly next but could see prices rising. In fact according to the builder cedar has gone up 30% since I booked the job back in April.

Tried to get some glass last and price of mirrors have gone up 40% apparently!!!

Seems like Construction industry is crazy right now as are supplies.

oneman

Yeap, I'm afraid timber price have shot through the roof. Apparently a lot has to do with the cost of shipping which seems to have doubled since the beginning of the year plus of course Brexit didn't help.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom