1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garden Projection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by V0oD0o, Jul 29, 2005.

1. V0oD0o

V0oD0o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm interested in hiring a projector to display a film in my garden, but I don't really know much about projectors or how best to display them!

I want to display a DVD movie on the back of my house from my garden, it doesn't need to be massive, but viewable from about 8-10m back.

So, I guess I need a projector and something to project onto (as my house is all windows and doors!

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks for your time,

Mike Pearce

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    A large white sheet will probably suffice as a temporary screen.

I presume you are planning to watch the film at night? It needs to be fairly dark.

Get your extension lead out, move your hifi to the garden too, and keep an eye on the weather forecast!

Good luck...PJ :)

3. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    For it to be watchable 10m away you will need a big ole sheet and a buggeringly bright projector!!!! If you're hiring this then most hire companies will have what you need, probably a good 2000-3000ANSI depending on screen size and ambient light. THe bigger the picture the more light output needed, the further away the audience the bigger the screen needed.