Garden office alarm recommendations

hixxy02

Standard Member
Hi all, its been some time since I have visited these forums, hope everyone is well.

Im looking for some recommendations for an alarm my garden office. Its brick built, tiled roof with UPVC windows and doors. It was built last year as a man cave but as the mrs is due to give birth in the next weeks my office in the house is to become a nursery. I have quite a lot of expensive kit which ill bolt down securely just incase any scum bags do manage to get in however Im looking for an alarm system/detector to prevent this.

I have no clues when it comes to alarms etc. originally I had thought of installing cctv but this is only good once all my kit will have been pinched.

Is there a system that can be armed/dis-armed with a fob? not by button but by distance? like the top end cars where the doors lock and unlock when you get near. I have this fear of forgetting to set the alarm.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

stripeyjoe

Hi,

I bought a Yale wireless alarm kit from Screwfix a couple of years ago - it came with four sensors (2 door ones and two IR detectors)
Yale Premium Wireless Alarm Kit
It has 2 zones (home and away), I've stuck one of the IR detectors as in my disco shed and the signal reaches the main unit (around 30m away).
There's 2 'on' buttons, the yellow one switches on the front door alarm and the shed one but keeps the ones inside the house off and the red button switches on everything. We just turn the yellow one on at night and all is good. It came with an additional 'dummy' alarm box which I mounted on the shed.
As I mounted the main keypad unit by the back door (to keep within range of the shed) I also bought a small keypad which I've put by the front door for arming/disarming when leaving the house.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom