• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Garden Hose Recommendation

rousetafarian

Another vote for Hozelock, I forget the model number/type but mine is probably 30 metres long and comes with a wheeled caddy so easy to wind back.

NewfieDrool

Banned
The Hozelock Ultimate would be as good as any high performance domestic hose you will find. It uses the same tech as the Super Tricoflex hose I use but with a lighter body .

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
Last year I bought 2 hoses, the first was about 10m and hozelock - this one:
Hozelock 2430 10m Micro Reel Hose with Gun and Fittings: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

I thought it was small, descreet and ideal for our garden, however having to manually roll up the house and fit back onto the holder was a pain (I know that sounds lazy but it was) as I do not have that technique of rolling and twisting that you need. Not sure what happened there but I am blaming my dad :)

I decided after about 2 months to get this:
Wall-Mounted Enclosed Reel & Hose 15m | Screwfix.com

Which sadly is not available, however it works like the hoselock retractable hoses but was on offer and half the price. It is brilliant and highly recommended. I have had a quick search and cannot find anything in that price range (£25).

The best I can see is this from B&Q of all places:

Hozelock 2 In 1 Compact Enclosed Reel And Hose Green/Grey 25m, 5010646042635

I suppose just depends on how much you can/want to spend on it.

Westindieman

Thanks for all the replies. Have bought me a Hozelock now.

Westindieman

Why does my connector lose water at the tap, are they supposed to do that? The fitting on the hose is good but when I connect it to the outside tap which has a hoselock adapter its havving a gentle run from there. Isnt there some sort of scew fitting I can get to connect direct to the tap?

FZR400RRSP

Banned
No, shouldn't do that, obviously not sealing well.
Presumably the photo below is what you have already?
Tap connector on the left, hose connector on the right.

Attachments

• hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 72

FZR400RRSP

Banned
If you're prepared to do away with the ability to easily click the hose on/off the tap, you could go for something like this instead.
One end threads onto the hose, the other end attaches to the tap using a jubilee clip.
Only two points for the water to possibly leak out of, rather than three.

Attachments

• Hose 2.jpg
    Hose 2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 94

Westindieman

No, shouldn't do that, obviously not sealing well.
Presumably the photo below is what you have already?
Tap connector on the left, hose connector on the right.

Yes, those are the connections, and I have been considering more sturdier connections as in your hose 2 picture.

Thanks

Westindieman

Please can someone recommend a hose that can be used under constant pressure? I need one for the cat scarer as the hose I am using keeps bursting out of the hoselock connector due to the stress.

Thanks

shodan

Distinguished Member
Don't turn the tap on so much? Lower the pressure...

NewfieDrool

Banned
I've never had a problem with my super Tricoflex hose. Bit more expensive than DIY stuff but it's pretty damn good.
I use it between tap and pressure washer for clients and it's been good so far with the Hozelock attachments.
Heat does not seem to make it soft like cheaper hoses and its thick.

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
Is this problem related to hard/soft water?

My hose tap is left on constantly and I have never had an issue with it bursting off the connector.

However being in Scotland we only have "soft" water here so not sure if this is why I have no problem and you do?

LiamHD

Is this problem related to hard/soft water?

My hose tap is left on constantly and I have never had an issue with it bursting off the connector.

However being in Scotland we only have "soft" water here so not sure if this is why I have no problem and you do?

Good ol Scottish water here :)

As for hose recommendations try some of that industrial grade stuff you get at screwfix.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Speed fit ¾" x 15mm Tap connector screwed on to the Outside taps ¾" male fitting, a short piece of 15mm copper, a hose stretched over the copper and held on with a jubilee clip.

That should do 12bar

Sounds complicated but it isn't.

Westindieman

Thanks for your replies. Its not the tap end which is coming off its actually the repeller Jet Spray Repeller: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies moulded hoselock end.
I will look at the hoses from screwfix and I have also ordered a water block device which cuts off the water after a predetermined amount of litres have passed. I'm on a water meter and lost loads while we were away on holiday last week till someone (don't know who) turned the tap off.
Would have been more sensible to turn it off but I thought it would have been OK when I lowered the pressure.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom