• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Garden Home Cinema/Games Room

MIB

EDIT: Pics start in post 15

Having previously had a home cinema in a converted conservatory, which was then sadly turned into a toddler play room, Mrs MIB has now agreed to us building a garden pod home cinema/games room.

Its going to be 5.5m x 5m, fully insulated, clad in cedar with a roof which is rated at 50+years from these guys.
Garden Rooms, Offices & Studios -
Anyone had anything similar build?

Its going to be built in 3 weeks so I need to get cracking with making decisions on layout etc so I can get the cabling/lighting right.

Rough idea so far is to have a 7ft slate bed pool table in the middle of the room with optional table tennis top. Dart board. Some sort of bar area, maybe just a breakfast bar type area with stools. Then leather seating on one wall with a projector screen on the other wall.

Tempted with the idea of some sort of fibre optic lighting system, with almost a night sky star effect on the ceiling.

Any advise and ideas and welcome.....

Last edited:

Herbiefish

Those paramount ones seem a cracking price. Would be interested to know too if anyone has them and if they are any good ;-)

MIB

"No freakin' way, I've just joined because I'm having a 7mx3m built by the exact same company next month for the exact same purpose - what are the odds?!"

Cool, what are you planning to have in yours?

Are you from Preston?

The boss Keith is a really great guy to deal with so far. Foundations going in today, then build starting in just over a week. Excited now!

thewerepuppygrr

Standard Member
Cool, what are you planning to have in yours?

Are you from Preston?

The boss Keith is a really great guy to deal with so far. Foundations going in today, then build starting in just over a week. Excited now!

I am from Preston yeah, going to be half cinema, half office/studio - can't wait. I've got tonnes of blu-rays and movie art that need a home so they'll be going there too. Add in mini-fridge and bar and it's perfect! It'll be a while before I can afford a sofa but I got a la-z-boy recliner from ebay for £200 so that'll do for now.

So weird, I actually have one of those star projectors! It's pretty good for the price. :)

marshallp

I'm due to move out of my apartment and into a house in a few weeks, I've been considering a garden room, any chance you could share some pics?

MIB

I am from Preston yeah, going to be half cinema, half office/studio - can't wait. I've got tonnes of blu-rays and movie art that need a home so they'll be going there too. Add in mini-fridge and bar and it's perfect! It'll be a while before I can afford a sofa but I got a la-z-boy recliner from ebay for £200 so that'll do for now.

So weird, I actually have one of those star projectors! It's pretty good for the price. :)

Sounds great. What mini fridge are you thinking? We're looking at a lec one on John Lewis.

I asked Keith about another home cinema and he mentioned Preston. I can't wait till they start on Monday!

What are you thinking of with paint colour for walls.? We're thinking black on PJ screen wall and some sort of tasteful purple on the other 3.

MIB

Yes I've been meaning to post some pics if garden and foundations, then the build. These threads need pics!

thewerepuppygrr

Standard Member
Sounds great. What mini fridge are you thinking? We're looking at a lec one on John Lewis.

I asked Keith about another home cinema and he mentioned Preston. I can't wait till they start on Monday!

What are you thinking of with paint colour for walls.? We're thinking black on PJ screen wall and some sort of tasteful purple on the other 3.

Not sure which fridge yet but I love the Marshall amp ones. Not sure on paint yet either. It's a long process! Have they started the build?

MIB

Hiya, yes they started Monday. The lads are fantastic, really hard workers and the building is flying up. Roof is on and plaster boarding done. Cedar cladding goes on tomorrow, then the plasterers come on Friday. Finishing touches like flooring, painting etc.. after the bank holiday and then the fun really starts on Thursday!

I need to get some pics up...

Hows your plans coming on? Have you got a start date?

marshallp

Wow that looks really big, it looks like it takes your entire garden!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom