Gapless playback on Amazon Echo speakers.

Random Precision

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Gapless playback is available via the Amazon Music app on phones and tablets etc on Android and iOS devices.

Gapless playback however isn’t available when streaming music from Amazon on Echo speakers. Does anyone have an explanation why? I have had contact with amazon customer service but got no where with my query.

It's a lot harder to correct an oversight in hardware than it is in software, at a guess - especially one like forgetting to provide gapless playback support given its extra memory requirement if the device actually receives the individual audio file tracks directly from the online server.

Don't expect a firmware update fix for it soon, either, if the infamous continuing lack of gapless playback support by all of Google's Chromecast devices is anything to go by!

Last edited:
Probably the same reason that radio skills won't play on a stereo pair, stereo pairs can't be renamed & there are no balance controls for a stereo pair. That reason being that many of these companies jump into music streaming & give the job to those with zero knowledge or experience of the required basics.

I got this working on amazon home theatre with Spotify on my android phone by connecting Spotify to my fire tv stick and playing the albums from spotify on the phone via tbe firestick and thus my two echo dots and echo sub :)

I would think your gapless playback workaround by chucking the extra Fire TV hardware into mix might not really help the OP, given that the music streaming service mentioned was Amazon Music, not Spotify.

Does this work with Amazon Music or are you also suggesting that the OP should use Spotify instead?

I would think your gapless playback workaround by chucking the extra Fire TV hardware into mix might not really help the OP, given that the music streaming service mentioned was Amazon Music, not Spotify.

Does this work with Amazon Music or are you also suggesting that the OP should use Spotify instead?
Hi and thanks for the constructive comments. I just tried with the amazon music app and there are no settings for gapless or crossfade and it didn't work. But yeh Spotify does so if it is a deal breaker just try on spotify and change if ya like it.

It seems they finally got this working (almost). It works much better, but the next track actually starts just a tiny bit too soon. Just enough to be noticable if you're listening closely.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom