Gap between front speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fuzzybee, Dec 16, 2003.

1. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I am very happy with the sound i am getting from my speakers (Mk2 Egg/sub package) but for some reason i am having doubts about the placement.
    The front two are 1400mm apart, wallmounted 800mm of the floor(either side of plasma. My viewing/listening position is about 9-10ft away, i am thinking of buying the keff speaker stands and increasing the front L&R soundstage to about 2m. Will i see an overall improvement or could i create a hole in the overall sound ???
    Can anyone offer advice or opinion on what i should do. My room is about 13ft square if that has any bearing.

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Try running the speakers with a gap the same distance as your seating distanc from them, so around 9 foot. If it sounds like there is a hole then move them back together again until the hole is filled.

this works best with most music and films, but can make the sound not seem right if you have the speakers miles away from your display if it is small.

Give it a go though and see what you like best. :)