Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Gaong to buy a Plasma for about 2K and need some advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by stacks, Feb 7, 2005.

1. stacks

stacks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have spent a lot of time looking around for a Plasma but I think I now need some expert advice.

I want to spend approx 2K on a 42 inch screen,
    I have Sky+, XBox & a Pioneer DVD/Amp with surround sound speakers.

So, the big question....what do I get, whats going to give me the best picture, is 1024X1024 PIXELS all important.....any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Stacks :cool:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    the 1024sq screens operate in a way totally unlike other plasmas, you need to see one run before making up your mind. None are sky HD compliant, mind you that's not unusual, but the general feeling is that resolution is the 'least important' factor in your choice. Processing, and the ability to display the most colours and greyscale makes most difference to what you see, probably followed by black levels. That tends to make Pioneer and Panasonic screens come out consistently best, according to taste. the 853x480 panels do unexpectedly well, and at 3m or more viewing distance, you'd be hard pressed to know if looking at a PW7 or PHD7 screen unless you have a scaler and know what you are looking at. The better processing in the HD model is more significant than the pixel count.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218