1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gangs Of NY Disc Print Quality...Not a Thread about PQ or Sound!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by WBC, Jul 4, 2003.

1. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone else noticed this or have I been tucked??...............I received my R2 copy of GONY today from CD-Wow.

Opened it up and it looks like the disc was labelled on a cheap cd-printer. Do they all look like they were bought from a boot sale????

The PQ and Sound seem fine (I'm not getting into a debate about the pq on this thread, you guys have already drained that one :p )

Thanks
    Stace :D

2. shakur96

shakur96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know if my discs are different to yours, the design is crap but the quality seems ok. To be more specific, above centre is 'gangs of new york' in the same style logo as the front cover. Above that is 'Disc 1' is plane writing. Either side of the disc are the BBFC 18 and Irish 18 logos, with the copyright info at the bottom together with logos for pal, region 2 & 'entertainment in video'. Theres no nice photo printed in the background, just plane silver. To say they look a bit plain would be an understatement.

3. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have my r2 in front of me and yes its the silver platter with just black lettering! really poor looking.the inlay book is another bugbear, why do ev feel the need to make the inlay as long as they do full of adverts, and it looks tacky! region 1,s usually have seperate little books and inserts in there re leases. and the cost of gangs is especially expensive!the cheapest i saw it for was 18.00, its as if because players are practically been given away that they have to make discs expensive.

4. shakur96

shakur96

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The cheapest you've seen R2 is 18! I would take another look if I were you.

5. WillyShatsWig

WillyShatsWig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    For all your DVD price checking needs use DVD Price Check. The site really is a god send, as it covers every region and uses virtually every major DVD retailer on the 'net.

You can find the Region 2 version of GONY for under £14 delivered.

6. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    prices i stated were not internet shop prices! more town centre prices