1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gangs of New York DVD Rumour!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Plastikman, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Plastikman

Plastikman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After seeing this film last night at my local cinema i was quite impressed with what i seen. This film did have great potential but unfortunately as everyone has been saying it has been hacked to bits, and thats what let it down. Although Daniel Day Lewis has to be one of the finest actors in our generation and does save this film on numerous occasions.

So many rumours about this film have been banded about and the problems it encountered in making it. Harvey Weinstein and Martin Scorcese falling out on numerous occasions(cost, editing, time its taken to make etc.), Jay Cocks apparently taking 3 years to write the screenplay, Daniel Day Lewis not speaking to Leonardo Dicaprio (can we really blame him!!) for the entire production apart from there scences together etc etc.

Anyway as most of you already know it has been cut down to 2 hours 40 minutes. The rumoured full length of this film uncut is 4 hours 45 minutes hence why it has been in post production for the last 2 years.

In a recent radio interview Martin Scorcese was asked about his
    arguments with Harvey Weinstein which got him quite angry. He said that rumours of this film being over 4 hours long full length were absolute rubbish and that the theatrical release in the cinemas just now is the version he intended us to see. After seeing this film i think Marty boy is lying to us, and is obviously still hurting at having to cut down the film he's been planning on for the last thirty years. He also spat the dummy out and said that there will be no full length version on DVD, we also will only get the theatrical release.

I think if there was ever a uncut, extended version, whatever you want to call it released, it would probably make this film an all time classic. Lets all hope Marty boy is just in a huff and will see sense and release his intended version, not what hollywood wanted us to see.

"Come on Marty boy don't let these Hollywood big wigs decide what goes on the DVD its your movie!! Let us see it how it was meant to be seen!! Don't forget where you came from!!"

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I've posted before, I would quite happily put money on there certainly being some form of extended or director's cut of this film.

After all, it's Scorcese's little baby, 25 years in the making. He will want his version to be seen.

3. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure I read on some website that there would be because of the amount that has been chopped from it for the cinema. :)