Gangs of New York blu-ray

davidjohnson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched Gangs of New York on blu-ray yesterday and the lip-sync seemed to be all over the place, moving from way off, to just off to spot on, then off again.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I asked a question about this on AV Forums, someone answered saying it was the worst Blu-Ray transfer he'd seen with piles of Digital Noise Reduction applied, I'd take it back and complain about the lypsynch. This was the only UK Blu-Ray disc I wanted, so it's kind of annoying to hear it's a poor transfer. The edge-enhancement on the SD DVD was bad enough !

Hey Dave.... errr.... pls ignor my 1st post! :rolleyes::D

CH

:D Are you sure?

Thanks for the reply bosque. The transfer is a bit iffy in places, but on the whole I found it pretty decent. Having said that, I may have been concentrating too much on the lip-sync :suicide:

Watched the region B version a few weeks ago and found that the transfer was first rate, both visually and sonically.
No lip sync problems whatsover.

Watched the region B version a few weeks ago and found that the transfer was first rate, both visually and sonically.
No lip sync problems whatsover.

I'm with philbam on this, as my Region B copy is top drawer!!:smashin:

Cool-hand should take notice of philbam and freightliner's comments - mine was hearsay and I haven't seen the transfer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom