Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Gangs of New York - £7.49

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by bobobargain, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobobargain

bobobargain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh man, I love Gangs of New York. I found it for £7.49 on PriceChoice - dont think it's cheaper anywhere else!

Bobo

2. venablesphil

venablesphil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its fifty pence cheaper here http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000079839 Its also part of there 3 for £15 I think, dont know if sendit.com is a good company or not though. But saying that in the deal you can get it for a fiver.

3. TheCrow

TheCrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I've used Sendit many times and they are a good company.
    They used to be called Blackstar.

I would definately recommend them

4. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  5. s1hastie

s1hastie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
  6. TheCrow

TheCrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    The CD-WOW one is a single disc Russian import.

The Sendit one is the proper two disc UK version.

Amazon Jersey are also doing it for £4.64 + £1.24 p&p (=£5.88)

The Sendit one is the best deal if you can find two other discs you want to buy.

7. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    what the fudge? Russian import???? :rotfl:

Buy Gangs of new york R2 for £2.99 from cdwow. What makes you think it is a Russian dvd :rolleyes: :lease:

8. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do you work for Sendit? :nono:

9. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No, £2.99 for anyone with intelligence plus this page:
    http://www.dvdbargain.net/ShowDisc.asp

Sendit my ***

10. s1hastie

s1hastie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    since when have cdwow sold russian imports!

11. venablesphil

venablesphil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CD Wow is very cheap if you just want the film, when you get a cheap version, like the one posted above, you just get the film, its not the two disc speacial edition. I have just got Eternal sunshine from them for £4.50 but it wasnt the english release, I think it is a russian copy but in english. The front cover is a bit pixilated as well, but the film is fine.

So I would say if you want the proper box and speacial features then be careful on CD Wow, but saying that if you just want the film then you cant go wrong with them!!! I would go with send it.com if you can find two other films you want.

12. venablesphil

venablesphil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would like to add that CD Wow do sell the proper english ones as well, you can tell if its the english release as it will probally have at least a few features and more soundtracks.

Also, bizzarly the films I brought were shipped from Hong Kong. Nothing wrong with that but I thought it was a bit strange!!

13. TheCrow

TheCrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    NO I DON'T WORK FOR SENDIT! :nono:
    Check my other posts on this forum if you doubt me.

Here are the specs for the official UK release.

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=3652

You will see it should be 2 discs with only an English sound track.

The CD-WOW one has Russian, Latvian, and Lithuanian sound tracks!

There has been some talk on this forum about CD-WOW selling discs like this I myself bought a copy of Eternal Sunshine For The Sportless Mind from them and was disappointed to find the first thing the disc plays is an advert in Russian? for a magazine!

14. TheCrow

TheCrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
  15. TheCrow

TheCrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    If you read the disc specs' and the above thread then maybe someone owes me an apology? ;)

16. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    That won't be you then? :D Yet again just a few posts down you jump the gun acting like a right smart arse, thinking you know it all when in fact you know very little :rotfl: :lesson:

For the record, I did a thread on another forum about the Taking Lives DVD from CD WOW. I got this dvd for £3.49 but the R2 DVD I got was not the UK version. In fact nobody knew where the hell it was from (South Africa probably). It was cheap rubbish (not even bootleg quality since part of the disc was faulty)

After some research I've come to know about all this Russian stuff and it seems to be more common on CD WOW now.

A R2 DVD is only a bargain on CD WOW if it's a UK version or R2/R4 some may say. DVDCompare and other sites do not list cheap Russian and South Africa rubbish. The fact is, the price CD WOW charges for these cheap R2 DVD are not even worth the price they charge (even with a voucher):eek: :nono:

If I buy a DVD thinking it's R2 (UK OR AUSSIE) then that's what I want. Not some cheap piece of crappola that I would not even buy at my local car boot sale :rolleyes:

TAKING LIVES CD WOW CHEAP RUBBISH... FRONT
    TAKING LIVES CD WOW CHEAP RUBBISH... BACK

17. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    part of yours was faulty? damn, i better take mine out of the shrink wrap and check it..

i did email cd-wow's buyer and he said it was the continental europe release..

ps - i know flaming gorshin is very tempting ;) but you might wanna tone it down and delete the comments on this thread and the other before the mods see them..

18. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I don't think any part of my posts break the rules. Borderline maybe, but I don't think they step over them. I've read a lot worse on here and the comments pass ok. I hope he reads my posts and takes the info on board and then betters himself a bit on these forums. All he seems to do is make out he is better than everybody else on these forums :rolleyes:

He brags all the time about his 1200 DVDs...good for him (it's probably 200 though...we'll never see pics I'm sure) and implies that anybody who spends more than £10 on a DVD is stupid. Maybe he just buys dvds for the sake of it and if he does have 1200 dvds then I wonder how many he even opened. I have 600 or so after about 5 years and I'm really struggling with both space for them and time to even watch a lot of em (maybe that's because I have a life and live in the real world? I don't have a Gorshin stylee DVD T.A.R.D.I.S)....He seems to spend a LOT of time on this forum just having a go at people for no reason, other than to make himself feel special :rolleyes:

Not many people will have 1200 DVDs on these forums Gorshin (how many would want 1200?? :eek: ) and most spend more than £10 a dvd a lot of the time..get over it already :lease: :hiya:

Gorshin. Do what you do and be happy. Let others do the same and stop having a go at people every other post :rolleyes: :boring: :lease: :nono:

19. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The outer rim looked melted. It failed to work on anything but a top end DVD player.

CD WOW need to start letting people know about these cheap dvds (how hard would it be?). Maybe it's their way of payback for everybody using so many vouchers :D :thumbsdow

I for one would rather they take all the vouchers away and only sell top quality goods at a competitive price, rather and have all these vouchers floating around and sell total rubbish R2 dvds. Lets just hope they don't go to far down that road :lease:

I reall don't want to enter a R2 DVD lottery everytime I want to buy one from CD WOW :rolleyes:

20. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Says the man who owns Pearl Harbour, but not Citizen Kane :nono:

21. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    i've imposed an upper limit of £8 on myself :blush: for dvd's, unless they're boxsets or limited editions. i usually find that either on dvdsoon or cd-wow with some vouchers, or by using these/other forums i can achieve that.

I've also got just over 600 dvds myself, which i've collected over the past 5/6 years, and probably have room for a couple of hundred more in my bookcase.

I agree Gorshin shows off a bit, but 1200 is pretty impressive, and i do believe he has as many as he says, you should have seen him when dvdsoon brought out the iFidelity card, he bought a truckload!! I just wish i was as well-off as he seems to be!

22. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is where dvdsoon hits the spot, every time. You'll never need to spend more than about £9 on any single dvd.

23. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    See there you go again? WHAT makes you so special??? You don't know me. You don't know why I have that movie?? You live alone? have no family?? We'll we're not all like you. Jeez.

Just because I don't have "whatever" movie in my collection does not make me less of a movie fan..or hell, less than a person than you.

For the record though. I really like Pearl Harbour. Yea I may be only 1 of about 10 people, but I'm not ashamed to admit it...and why the hell should I be?

So no Citizen Kane in my collection? BUT. I have a real life and real friends (and even online ones). Can the same be said about you?? With your attitude here, I'm sure most of us already know the answer to that conundrum. :)

Do things the Gorshin way. It seems you need to buy every movie in the IMDB top 250 or you're not worth talking too. :rolleyes: It does not matter than he probably has never even seen more than a few of them before :rotfl:

24. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Or 'The Wicker Man' :eek: Both MUST owns for any cinema fans :lesson:

25. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Owned.

26. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :rolleyes:

27. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm sure most of us used to buy VHS? Yea? Remember those? Well some of us (like me) had a lot of them. Some of us don't feel the need to upgrade every single VHS or laserdisc in our collection just because Gorshin says so...Now go away and play with your IMDB top 250 and give it a rest.

28. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Seems some are sucked in by the him :rolleyes: Trust me, this guy is nothing but all talk. I'm sure he lives alone with no friends and tries to make himself feel better by letting people (like you) think he is uber rich with ooddles of DVDs...Hell that MIGHT even be the truth, but do you think he is happy? He does not come across as happy on these forums :rolleyes: . Does he have anything in his life WORTH talking about bar DVDs? DVDs are fun and a nice hobby but there’s more to life for most I’m sure? He comes across as somebody with a sad, sad life....Don't be fooled...this guy has more BS than a slaughterhouse

29. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    mate, chill out! There's no point getting yourself worked up about something like this, and if Gorshin is the person you say he is.. well this would be exactly what he wants you to do..

oh and Gorshin, you could attach a screen dump of your DVD Soon account page, showing how much you've spent there, if you feel the need to prove anything?

30. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm not worked up mate. This is the Internet after all (is it even possible to get worked up over people you don't even know?) I'm just participating in some banter between likeminded DVD enthusiasts :D

I would much rather see a pic of his 1200 DVDs :) :D Probably no digital camera though right? :D It was funny for him to slag off Pearl Harbour but he has 1200 movies on DVD? How many of those are as bad or worse in the eyes of most. :D Oh wait. It's only 1200, 10/10 rated movies right??? :rotfl:

Where is his DVDprofiler list or other such list? He slags everybody because of the movies they own but does not even have a list of the movies he has...come on...LOL :rotfl:

This guy is at least good for a few giggles. :D :rotfl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.