Gandahar DVD Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Gandahar was a worthwhile watch, and one I can heartily recommend. It is probably only for those viewers who do enjoy decent Sci-Fi story telling. Those expecting fast, bright and vivid animation in the Anime style will be disappointed but that in no way distracts from Gandahar one jot. At last Eureka have taken the bull by the horns and released an original version without the damaging restructuring of the Americanised Light Years with dubious overdub and scandalous removal of Rene Laloux as director, being replaced in the credits by Harvey Weinstein!

Gandahar certainly belies it's origins from a gentler age obviously a progression of Laloux's own work from the 60's and especially the 70's Fantastic Planet. However in discussing subjects which only now are receiving some spotlight it seems that Laloux was a little ahead of his time. Eco-friendly, genetically aware with a spot of time paradox thrown in, it's certainly worth a watch for lovers of Sci-Fi and animation alike. I'm giving an overall score of 6 for Gandahar, only because I'm unable to comment on the final product release. If, as indicated, the booklet forms part of the final material then this final score would undoubtedly increase somewhat.
Read the full review...

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom