• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Gaming with 1366x768 via hdmi on fullhd

rkproceed

Standard Member
hey guys
would I sense ghosting and blurring or an awkward resolution while gaming with my pc , with 1366x768 via hdmi on a Samsung series5 32" which is a fullhd monitor?
"I mean while the screen is not beeing used on its native 1920x1080 resolution.

Cheers

mad pierre

Standard Member
hey guys
would I sense ghosting and blurring or an awkward resolution while gaming with my pc , with 1366x768 via hdmi on a Samsung series5 32" which is a fullhd monitor?

Cheers
Ghosting is more a function of the monitors response time than its resolution. It needs to be 12ms or less and ideally 8ms or less for ghost free gaming.
Above these figures it could become a problem, but peoples perception varies greatly. If present, ghosting might not be an issue for one person whilst another may find it unwatchable.
As far as blurring is concerned, it would probably blurr text slightly by using non 'native' resolution, though it shouldnt prove a problem whilst gaming.

Peter

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
hey guys

Cheers

If you look for the lower resolution you'll see it, but you'll probably not see more than the obvious signs (like bigger jaggies if you don't use AA, and pixelation if you sit too close) in this case as the TV is designed to hide the defects of lower resolution pictures and many games contain constant movement which is very forgiving of resolution.

My biggest concern in using a TV for gaming would be input lag - some delay the picture for hundreds of miliseconds.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom