Question Gaming Tv under £1000 Xbox series X

TOM180990

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all , currently in the market for a new TV for gaming . As soon as my pc has sold ill be buying so I'd imagine within the month . I'll be moving on to an xbox series x when they release and the use will be 90% games 10% movies .

Budget is under £1000 and I'm pushing the boat at that , currently looking for a new mortgage too :p

I have 3 that caught my eye at that budget which were the phillips 55oled , samsung 55q75t and sony 9296bu.

Phillips is suppose to be a fantastic picture but risk of burn in , samsung has vrr support and sony is a great , bright picture but without vrr ect . Which would you choose or would you choose a different model completely ?

A 49" would be ideal but that size seems to lose features compared to 55" models so if I have to for the features I'd go 55" sorry for the long post , cheers .

The oled will depends on the type of games you play and how often/long. If you're prone to 12 hour sessions with a static HUD then oled would be out imo.

Milage varies here. Some say they gamed excessively on 3 year old oleds with no burn in. Others had burn in within a year.

Thanks for the reply , I'm not really prone to longer than 3hr to be honest . Have to many other things ect need doing for that . Usually play for an hour or 2 a day , at weekend maybe 3 or 4 hr maximum :D

A recent guide I wrote may help you: My best TVs for next gen gaming 2020-21

LG is the way to go if you go OLED.

TVs like Philips OLEDs don't offer the same gaming features LGs do.
Sony XH90/92 models are sub par with HDR because they are dim.
Samsung Q70/Q75T don't make the cut because they are edge lit and dim. You need Q80T or over if you decide on an LCD TV.

Thanks for the reply , I did see the guide and didn't come to a conclusion at the end other than needing to spend more money which is also what your suggestion point towards too . I did look at the 49inch Q80 but this model loses features of the 55" model .

Thanks for the reply , I did see the guide and didn't come to a conclusion at the end other than needing to spend more money which is also what your suggestion point towards too . I did look at the 49inch Q80 but this model loses features of the 55" model .
Guide is written to pre-empt the first time TVs see decent discounts each year, around Black Friday.

Not unreasonable to expect the 55" Q80T to drop within your budget then.

If you buy before, you can expect your money won't go as far, but the Hisense U8Q is the stand out value for money wise otherwise.

Not worth considering sub 55" since as you say, TVs that are smaller don't carry the same specs. At 48" the only decent option is the LG CX OLED which is over budget.

Sony 49XH9505 is a sub 55" option, only lacks the wide viewing angle filter of the 55" TV, but it may be too pricey still, and whilst its HDR is decent, it lacks HDMI 2.1 features.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom