Gaming TV; budget 400

HakunaMatata

Standard Member
Hey all,

I guess it's fair to say that i have no idea about TVs. My parents bought my current one and now my nan plans on buying it off of me, so i need to figure out what TV i should buy.

I mainly use my TV for gaming, as the topic title would suggest, and that i also have a budget of 400. I would rather have people recommend me TVs as appose to going in store and viewing them, i will do that too but i still need knowledge from others.

A quick Google browse and i came up with three TV's; LG LD490, Song Bravia CX523, and the Panasonic Viera E30. I'd like to note these were the TVs that got highest ratings on a few TV rating sites, such as CNET.

kingibrahim007

Standard Member
Do you want it to be plasma, LED or LCD? If so do you want extra's like 3D and it to be a Smart TV?
You could probably get these features in a TV around that price range.

Personally I would go LED over LCD, but that's a personal preference having moved on from an LCD to an LED, now I am looking to make the step to a 3D LED screen for my gaming and my budget is currently around £200 more than yours. But I am finding multiple sets for a lower price point.

HakunaMatata

Standard Member
I have no idea what SmartTV is. I'm not entirely convinced that 3D would be amazing for such a low price, therefore i'm not really bothered by the two. I don't know what one is better suited for gaming out of LED and LCD, i believe i read somewhere it doesn't fully matter between these to.

vickster

Distinguished Member
The LG is an old model, so you may struggle to find one new from a reputable retailer for a sensible price

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom