Gaming Tablets Are Brilliant

Deleted member 540360

Reaction score
Thought I would make a post whilst I was on here about how great gaming tablets are.

I have a GPD and a spare, which is a JXD. Apparently the GPD was favourably compared to a similar Samsung in the speed dept. at the time. I had a Tuvva Power Play 7 and that was nice and lightweight compared to these two.

But the built in buttons make retro gaming a cinch, and up to SNES works fine and plays some N64 games. Some come with links installed to download games. Or just fill up an SD with thousands of them. As good as a normal tab but a little bulkier.

But you tend to have to look to the Far East for the right product, though eBay carry some. Be careful with non-integral buttons/controller. No attachments needed - you need it all in one. Amazon have nice and cheap handhelds for gaming, and they are fine too, but if you want a proper tablet it's about £100 for what you need with hardwired gaming capabilities built in.

I'm surprised more people don't own a gaming tablet but that's down to lack of availability of decent ones in the UK to some extent, I suppose. But anyone thinking of getting a new 7" tablet who also likes gaming should defintely have a look to see if a gaming tablet would be better. I've had four so far and and can't see me never having one.

Interesting, my youngest is after something to play Roblox on, currently plays on an early gen iPad but apparently it’s always ‘glitching’ - would such a gaming tablet be suitable?

I think a gaming tablet will be suitable. They do the same job as a normal tablet but with physical controllers built in. They will play all Android games as well as retro consoles such as Master system, NES, SNES, MegaDrive and others. Some may play Dreamcast games.

Due to decent gaming tablets being built for gaming they tend to be very fast with games and I can't see any glitching happening. I'll see if I can install Roblox on my GPD a bit later and see how it plays if you want?

GPD don't make the one below anymore but here is someone selling the Q9, which is what I have:

This one might be a good bet:

I have this too and it's a little bulkier than the GPD with poorer battery life but not much difference in performance. New 7" gaming tab well specced might be difficult to get - they do tend to be quite rare and come and go but if new is needed then there may be something out there if you search.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thanks for the reply. If you could have a go with roblox that would be really appreciated thanks. Are they hard to come by because they aren’t manufacturing them any more? Also is 7” screen the max. they come in?

I'll get my tablet out and install the game if poss.

Manufacturers tend to have different models at different times. GPD are now into tiny laptops and smaller gaming tabs. JXD JXD Official Online Store have the S7800 still going but it's 200 bucks. £150 on Amazon Amazon product ASIN B00GB2GMS0
7" is the max available though I believe Tuvva once did a 10". Which I would buy if one came up.

I would be aiming to spend around £100. eBay have used too: JXD Video Game Consoles for sale | eBay

Is the JXD worth £150? Too much for me - I would buy a used one as they are sturdy and well built. As long as the screen is undamaged there's not much to go wrong except the battery.

I'll get my tablet out and install the game if poss.

Manufacturers tend to have different models at different times. GPD are now into tiny laptops and smaller gaming tabs. JXD JXD Official Online Store have the S7800 still going but it's 200 bucks. £150 on Amazon Amazon product ASIN B00GB2GMS0
7" is the max available though I believe Tuvva once did a 10". Which I would buy if one came up.

I would be aiming to spend around £100. eBay have used too: JXD Video Game Consoles for sale | eBay

Is the JXD worth £150? Too much for me - I would buy a used one as they are sturdy and well built. As long as the screen is undamaged there's not much to go wrong except the battery.
Thanks again for the info, having done a bit of Googling I think Roblox requires android 4.4, while the jxd looks to be 4.2 so might not be compatible.

I'll get the JXD out in a minute and charge it up. Mine is a few years old - not sure of Android version.

So I'm a bit confused as to what I need to download. I joined Roblox on laptop and downloaded a Roblox Quiz game on the tablet. What do you recommend for a download? They all seem to be mods and skins on Play Store.

I didn't know what Roblux was but I see live streaming is part of it? So about the versions: Mine is 4.2.2. I think older versions of gaming tab software were above standard but maybe you need:

But they are stupidly expensive and only 5". Android version 5.1.

Thanks I think you download the app from the App Store/ google play.

But don’t worry too much I have a feeling it might not work with that android version. Many thanks for the help and advice though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom