Gaming R.I.P

Atomic77

Is it just me or does it seem like gaming is less active as it used to be?

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Was a lot busier during the previous generations (PS3/Xbox) but I guess more people are using social media/reddits/youtube and gaming forums nowadays for communication.

Atomic77

I suppose. I have a Switch Lite now but I remember things used to be talked about more when I was younger i had most of the Nintendo stuff. I had a gameboy a GBA and a dsi and a Ds and the original Nintendo the NES. I also had Atari 2600.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Do you mean people are playing fewer games? Or talking about gaming less? Confused.

D1gita1

Defo just you. The gaming industry has seen some of the biggest boosts to the industry during lockdown.

JoyFreak

Novice Member
No way. Gaming is not less active. Maybe gaming forums and gaming sites are less active but not specifically gaming. In fact, it's on the rise if anything.

Apsilon

Senior Moderator
I think it's just you. I've been gaming since the late 70's and while gaming, per se, may have changed over the years with online gaming taking a more prominent role in how we play, video gaming itself is as, or even more popular than it's ever been. It's a multi-billion dollar industry that makes more than the film & music industries combined.