Gaming PC Spec

eaglemmoomin

Just seen this. Gaming PC with AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT and AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Is this ok, apart from the ugly case?

is the MB ok?
It's ok but you could do better on the PSU and SSD I think. The motherboard could be better. If it's an ASUS board I'd try and get at least a TUF Gaming board. Depending upon the B450 you can use 5000 series Ryzens with them you would need to check. You do miss out on PCIE4 but you could argue for gaming it's not a mega game changer.

fortknoxcj

My lad has got most of his money early, so he can order something to arrive in time for his birthday. He has about £1K to spend. So something with a 3060ti/6700/3700 will probably be out of budget. there were a few about but all out of stock. Probably means looking at 3060 or 1660 super.

I could top him up, but his 1k already includes our contribution!

Delvey

Distinguished Member

Any thoughts on this please.? Main games to play are fortnite, minecraft and ark evolved.
Just within budget and includes monitor keyboard and mouse.
Seems expensive. The monitor is £250 it seems but that is because it is a G-Sync monitor. The 1660 is an old card (I know current GPU issues make it difficult getting a card).
AO have the same PC without a monitor for £800 (though out of stock)
Or this which is even cheaper

fortknoxcj

This is the issue, at the price point we are looking at something has to give. What I think we want in an ideal world is :-

RYzen 5600x/i5 10600k
GTX 3070
1 TB HDD
480gb SSD
2 x 8gb Ram 3200hz

with £1,200 max budget. Something on that list has to give, my issue I’m not sure which component to downgrade on.

Had lots of advice on this thread, it’s just finding the deal now.

fortknoxcj

Added to the fact he wants to play fortnite, rocket league and vallorant, all the above is probably overkill anyway currently.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
This is the issue, at the price point we are looking at something has to give. What I think we want in an ideal world is :-

RYzen 5600x/i5 10600k
GTX 3070
1 TB HDD
480gb SSD
2 x 8gb Ram 3200hz

with £1,200 max budget. Something on that list has to give, my issue I’m not sure which component to downgrade on.

Had lots of advice on this thread, it’s just finding the deal now.
Go for a 3600 CPU. Should save about £100 to £150. No need for a 5600x with a 3070

rb5201

Thoughts on the below for just over £1200? Some to them over the phone and guy was extremely helpful and friendly. Not sure if this helps you fortknoxcj?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210406-114730_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-114730_OneDrive.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 30

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Thoughts on the below for just over £1200? Some to them over the phone and guy was extremely helpful and friendly. Not sure if this helps you fortknoxcj?

1660 is a pretty low card for the £1200 price

Delvey

Distinguished Member
The price seems fair enough but that is putting the 1660 Super at £550 (which in reality it is a £200 GPU at best).
I would personally wait until the GPU shortage is over. No point paying a £500 premium now when in reality the GPU is already going to be outdated.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
1660 is a pretty low card for the £1200 price
Cheapest one new available is £560 according to PCpartPicker (which is a joke)
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor (£198.06 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£28.89 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z490-P ATX LGA1200 Motherboard (£168.67 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL20 Memory (£78.83 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£49.73 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB DUAL EVO OC Video Card (£560.28 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair CV 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£37.98 @ Currys PC World Business)
Total: £1122.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-06 12:07 BST+0100

rb5201

Thanks for the replies. Does feel like if I want one now I'm going to pay over the odds by about £300. Could wait but who knows how long, and could prices go higher? Getting one more priced up from pali who have been mentioned on here before.
Might just have to pull my pants down.

rb5201

But cheaper from Pali with a current promotion which has been described as console like performance. May look at how much extra a 27" monitor might be. Very close to buying the bullet on this one unless anyone with more knowledge than me feels its a bad deal!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210406-123603_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-123603_Outlook.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 27

fortknoxcj

But cheaper from Pali with a current promotion which has been described as console like performance. May look at how much extra a 27" monitor might be. Very close to buying the bullet on this one unless anyone with more knowledge than me feels its a bad deal!

This is what we are looking at as a budget alternative. £862 for just the PC, if i upgrade ram to 3200mhz

rb5201

This is what we are looking at as a budget alternative. £862 for just the PC, if i upgrade ram to 3200mhz
Ordered. Will stop me joining you here every day or so! Coming Thursday so happy to feedback on the performance of it if you like. My son is wetting himself with excitement right now.

fortknoxcj

As above, son is ready to order the following currently priced at £862

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2060
Asus Prime B550M-K
2 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz
480gb Kingston SSD
1tb Seagate HD
600w Kolink PSU
CIT Flash RGB Case

Is there anything there that would stop us upgrading a bit in the future?
Anything that I should up slightly now as it’s easier to?
Quick research says I might be better upgrading to a better case for another £20 or so. ( he wants one with RGB fans though)

Appreciate thoughts on above so we can get ordered tonight or first thing.Thanks in advance and for help so far!!

CARLOS

Distinguished Member

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2060
Asus Prime B550M-K
480gb Kingston SSD
1tb Seagate HD
600w Kolink PSU
CIT Flash RGB Case

Quick research says I might be better upgrading to a better case for another £20 or so. ( he wants one with RGB fans though)

Appreciate thoughts on above so we can get ordered tonight or first thing.Thanks in advance and for help so far!!

That looks pretty well balanced, only thing I have no experience of is how good Kolink PSU's are but other than that and the case which is completely personal choice then I would say that's a decent price :smashin:

Delvey

Distinguished Member

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2060
Asus Prime B550M-K
480gb Kingston SSD
1tb Seagate HD
600w Kolink PSU
CIT Flash RGB Case

The only thing I would spend extra money on is the PSU. Try and get a Corsair/EVGA/Seasonic.
The case will do for now.

fortknoxcj

Assuming we stay with 600w and that is what we need options are

Thermaltake RGB + £30
Fractal Design +£30
Aerocool + £30
EVGA +£40
Seasonic 650w + £70

With the case, quick YouTube review watch I was thinking of paying +£40 for gamemax kamikaze pro. Waste of money you think? Probably better added to the 240hz monitor pot?

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Assuming we stay with 600w and that is what we need options are

Thermaltake RGB + £30
Fractal Design +£30
Aerocool + £30
EVGA +£40
Seasonic 650w + £70

With the case, quick YouTube review watch I was thinking of paying +£40 for gamemax kamikaze pro. Waste of money you think? Probably better added to the 240hz monitor pot?
If the EVGA is a gold rated PSU I would go with that. Check the Model as it may have a 10 year warranty. Ideally you want a 650W gold

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Smart Start offer grants access to premium TV apps
  • By Andy Bassett