Gaming PC Help

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by koiboy, Jan 8, 2012.

1. koiboy

koiboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I am currently in the market for a new gaming pc. My budget is around £1000 for just the tower. I would preferably like an i7 2600k or above processor. I am looking for a high end graphics card which will play all the games on the market atm. Not bothered whether it is in sli or just a singular card which will give me the most graphics power.

So basically I am looking for the most powerful gaming pc for my budget. Anyone know off any good deals on atm?

I have been looking at these two pcs
    Custom Build PC | Gaming PC | Desktop PC | Gaming Laptops PC - MESH Computers - Award Winning Since 1987 - Customise your OC - Slayer 2700K

And

Veloce i7 2600 SLI - Dino PC Ltd

Any help is must appriceated

Regards
    Elliot

2. LJx

LJx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +436
    The first one only has a 6850 graphics card which is very weak considering the cost of the system. The second one apparently has two GTX 560's. Even one GTX 560 is more powerful than a 6850 so there is a big difference there.

This chart of graphics cards might be usefull to you so you can have a rough comparison of how good the different graphics card are compared to each other when you are looking around Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: January 2012

3. yazooo

yazooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +10,580
    You won't get any benefit with the 2700k over the i5-2500k for gaming. I'd use the money you save to upgrade somewhere else. Such as going for a GTX580 graphics card.

As for Custom Building, if you don't feel confident to do it yourself the likes of Scan, Aria etc do a great job and don't charge much for the service either.

5. koiboy

koiboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont really feel confident enough to build one myself, i did have a look at bundles etc to get an idea of the price. But they seemed to be roughly the same.