1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming on X2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pantzoid, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Pantzoid

Pantzoid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I got myself a cheap little X2 and I'm well impressed with its output through a Pc and even my Sky box Via a composite connection (Not fantastic but way better than I was expecting) but I can't get as groovy a picture with either my Xbox or Ps2.

I've tried taking them in through S-video and Composite and although the picture is stable it seems to loose contrast in the low end of the colour spectrum leaving a slightly dark and washed out image. The blacks are black and the whites are white but it's still flat looking....

My Xbox is a non-chipped Uk one so the US Cable you can get for HD output is a nonstarter.... besides... all my games are UK bought and wouldnt work on progressive output even if I got it chipped.(Which Im not).

Also, I had already been about to buy a Sweetspot card for my PC to stick both my TV and games through and hopefully with the help of dscaler get a better picture from my skybox for TV...

Has anyone any experience of this type of setup and whether it would improve the poor quality images I'm getting through from my consoles..

I'd appreciate any views before I commit to yet another little gadget.. The wife won't be best pleased if it does naff all for the problem. She needs her fix of the Sims in Cinemascope these days...

2. Pantzoid

Pantzoid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No takers ?