1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming on LCD Projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by talizker, Jan 6, 2003.

1. talizker

talizker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I am trying to decided on a replacement for my returned Tosh 32ZD26 TV and several of the cheaper LCD Projectors look very interesting. I will mainly be using it for DVD's but do enjoy gaming! I am guessing that the Progressive out from my US Cube will be awesome but was wondering how S-Video images from PS2/DC/XB etc are. Are there any PJ owning gamers here that can share their opinions.

Thanks for your time!

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,736
    I recently sold my PS2 and bought an X-Box. I also bought the hi-def pack from Game (£24.99) so I now have every game in 5.1 and connected via component, routed to my Sanyo PLV-Z1.

WOW.

I absolutely love it:D

Halo on an 8' screen has to be seen to be believed.

Not tried it with S-video, which I need to try as I atm I have to keep disconnecting the component cables from the DVD player and plugging them into the X-box.

3. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,736
    I recently sold my PS2 and bought an X-Box. I also bought the hi-def pack from Game (£24.99) so I now have every game in 5.1 and connected via component, routed to my Sanyo PLV-Z1.

WOW.

I absolutely love it:D

Halo on an 8' screen has to be seen to be believed.

Not tried it with S-video, which I need to try as I atm I have to keep disconnecting the component cables from the DVD player and plugging them into the X-box.

4. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    all projectors will have at least a basic deinterlacer built in. That will work fine with a console.

If you want better image quality, you can use an external scaler/deinterlacer later on, like the ProV.

5. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    or do what I did and buy an American Xbox that does 480p progressive.

and I have to agree, halo on an 8 ft screen, progessive, with a 250w sub, is worth paying the money for.