1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming on a Pio 436xde

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by stevedster, Oct 25, 2005.

1. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Has anyone got an xbox/ps2 with a Pio 436xde plasma? if so could you post any pics, tell me what its like, thanks.

2. StefanoC

StefanoC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,

I do a lot of gaming on my 436 and it is excellent, no smearing or bluring. I've got my Xbox modded so it outputs an NTSC Progressive scan picture and am using the official MS Hidef AV pack available from your importer or ebay. The Picture from the Xbox is fantastic, especially on those few games that make use of the 720p mode.

I've tried my PS2 using component and using RGB scart and could no tell the difference, so am sticking to Scart for now until I get my new amp which will have component switching built in, again the picture is pin sharp.

Last night connected up my PC to the plasma and again totally pin sharp display, just need to raise the funds to buy a Shuttle PC or laptop so I can view HD content from the PC, surf the web and do a bit of gaming on my big screen.

You will not be disappointed. I've also had no issues which image retention, but I keep my gaming down to 2-3 hours a time whilst I'm still running the set in.

3. rio_cs

rio_cs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi StefanoC,

Are you connecting via front panel on the media box or are you using a DVI/HDMI convertor cable?

Cheers

Rich

4. blossom

blossom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I 9 holes of Tiger Woods PGA tour 2005 the other night from PC connected to the VGA input on the front and it was wicked.

Sat on sofa with wireless mouse it was 43" gaming heaven.

Pity I lost to that fat bloke in the shorts.

5. StefanoC

StefanoC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rich,

Used the front VGA socket, it was only a test as I've only got one very noisy tower PC. Using VGA on 1024 X 768 it looked to my eyes as if it was pixel to pixel mapping, no overscan or borders. 1280 X 768 worked but windows text lost some sharpness, how I envy those 506 owners....

6. rio_cs

rio_cs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me to mate. Really pleased with my 436 tho'. Going to try it via DVI but I need a convertor cable and apparently I need to channge the output setting on my GFX card to 'video' - Watch this space - I will let everyone know if there is any noticeable difference. How you got your sound configued or are you using your PC speakers?

Cheers, Rich.