• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Gaming on 4K TV - Anything I should be aware of?

bwfc0907

Established Member
i just bought a 4K 65" Samsung TV (UE65KS7500). I have a Scan Laptop with a 1060 graphics card in it.

I would like to play some driving games, sports games and the odd FPS on the big screen.

Is there anything I need to be aware of before connecting up?

Will games look ok on it?

Are there any positives or negatives or will I be in the same boat as playing on a monitor?

Currently away from home so will be giving this a go in around a weeks time.

Dave2

Prominent Member
you wont be able to game at 4k but with some adjustments in settings etc you shouldnt have to many issues .

60hz will be maximum and HDR is supported but not sire how to get that activated via pc.

bwfc0907

Established Member
you wont be able to game at 4k but with some adjustments in settings etc you shouldnt have to many issues .

60hz will be maximum and HDR is supported but not sire how to get that activated via pc.
When I tried connecting Laptop to TV got lots of screen tearing.

It was playing games as simple as FIFA 17. Could it be that I had the settings for 4K on which caused the issue? Any way to stop the tearing.

The game looked amazing but the tearing was a constant distraction.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Tried limiting the FPS?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom