Gaming/Movies TV 40'' - 50'' under £900

cause85

Standard Member
Hi folks,
I spent last 2 days browsing and comparing various displays - at the end I'm confused and my head hurts :).
At first I started looking at LED displays, and I have learned that you can't get nice colours, deep black, low power consumption and low input lag at once ;).
Could you recommend good PC/console gaming TV sized 40'' to 50'' below £900? [after all the browsing I don't care about technology as long as it have < 40ms input lag and do not consume 500W at low power settings] Is it even possible?
Or do I have to sacrifice my first born child and yearly salary to get one?? :)

vickster

Distinguished Member
LG 50PK590? Although you may get a little image retention, just minimise those static images

Look for posts in the plasma forum by a guy called Insanity202, has one and games...happy chap

LG 50PK590 | 50 inch Plasma TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Or how about a 46" Panasonic 46g20 if you can find one (you might even be lucky and find a 50" in budget)

Panasonic VIERA TXP46G20 | 46 inch Plasma TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD freesat HD | Richer Sounds

http://www.electrical123.com/produc...e=Affiliates&utm_medium=Links&utm_campaign=CJ

I believe the Panasonics are less laggy than the LGs

Have a search on LCD lag too as there is a thread running with some data

cause85

Standard Member
Awesome, many thanks ;).

After some reading I noticed that I had irrational prejudice against plasma TVs - short lifespan, high power consumption, etc. But I see I'm clearly wrong.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom